Battery operated furnace

Discussion in 'Heating / Cooling Systems' started by RockyMtnzPUP, May 27, 2019.

1. RockyMtnzPUP

RockyMtnzPUP New Member

1999 Coleman Fleetwood Sun Valley

We used our PUP for the first time this weekend and realized we have no idea how to use the furnace without the generator. It worked well and kept us warm.....til noise curfew and they made us turn the gen off.

How do I connect to run the furnace from the tongue battery? Is there a cord or is this hardwired somewhere?

2. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Need a LOT more information.

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

My furnace fan runs on 12 volt dc, its connected allready, i dont have to do anything. Mine is a 2000 colman Westlake. Did you have a good charged battery? Even with a good battery the fan will eat up the battery power in 3 or 4 days. What else are you running on battery power?

4. RockyMtnzPUP

RockyMtnzPUP New Member

We aren't running anything on the battery. I think you answered my question though; doesn't sound like we need to do anything except connect the cables to a good, charged battery to operate the furnace fan without a generator. We purchased this PUP a month ago and every thing works great otherwise.

Thanks for your reply.