Bayley's Campground Pine Point, ME

Discussion in 'Let me tell you about my trip' started by Mamagoogins, Aug 29, 2014.

1. Mamagoogins

Mamagoogins New Member

This might seem ridiculous to most but I have booked our last camping weekend of the year at Bayleys. How is this funny? I can walk there from my home. Really, it is literally a 10 minute walk from my home. So, why book a weekend there? We wanted one more weekend but it has to be close to home because 1) my youngest son has football games every weekend in the fall 2) my oldest son has marching band every weekend in the fall 3) my husband is a lobsterman out of Pine Point and this is his busiest season so he has to be close in case the weather is fishing weather.

Why Bayleys when there are other options everyone in Old Orchard Beach? It is 15 minutes from the football field, 10 minutes from marching band practice and 5 minutes from my husbands lobster boat...and it is not my house. No housework, no yard work - just campfires and family. Bayleys would not be my choice during the regular season because it is crowded and crazy but this time of year, it is pretty quiet. They have a special that weekend that includes a breakfast buffet. The weather will still be good enough that the boys can enjoy the heated pool. We can enjoy the jacuzzi directly across from our site.

We might make this an annual tradition!

2. Privatpilot

Privatpilot New Member

I like Bayley's too but you are right about the summer crowd and we never have time in the summer to get there. We start our season each year at Bayley's in the spring during the opening specials. Lob man...hum we love eating at Kens.

3. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Good for you!! It's the family time that is the most important thing! It sounds like it's going to be a nice weekend trip. Even if everyone is busy during the day, at least having dinner around a campfire will be nice and relaxing....

Enjoy!!! :)

4. kmaxxxx

kmaxxxx New Member

I totally get it - it's difficult to juggle everyone's schedules and still get some good camping time. Good for you for finding a solution!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk