Bear Creek RV Park

Discussion in 'Alaska' started by generok, Jul 16, 2016.

1. generok

generok Well-Known Member

Located on the Richardson Highway about 5 miles from downtown Valdez, Bear Creek presents a more classic environment for RV camping than the downtown gravel parking lots. They have about 50 sites, fairly level and hard packed gravel. The sites all have 30 amp and a few have 50 amp service. They all have water, but now sewer. There is a dump station on site. Rate for 30 amp was 33 a night. The shower and bathroom is functional and fairly clean. The showers are free, so that's nice. The site is quiet and has some trees, but it is mostly open. It is close to Dayville Rd and the glacier. I like this place. Far enough out of town to feel like camping but close to where I want to be and having power is great.

2. generok

Here's a picture from my PUP.

[​IMG]

3. mwiseAK

mwiseAK New Member

I've spent a few nights in that campground. It is nice to be away from the hustle and bustle of Valdez when the silvers are in. We stayed there a few years back when they just opened or were expanding and the facilities were a little rough, as was the landscaping (lots of mud from new grading) Was very happy to see the improvements when we returned a couple years later.

4. generok

For 2017, the newest feature here is they are now a KOA. They added a nice new main office which is very large and stocked with staples, RV parts, and gifts. They were also adding two more bathrooms, which will help some too. The owners are just so nice though, and so helpful. We had a great stay in 2017, and we plan to be back in 2018.

5. generok

For 2018 the two new bathrooms are up and running for a total of six. They also have a honey wagon service if you need to dump your tanks before pulling out, which is really nice. They added a lot more fish freezer space too, so all in all, this place keeps getting better and better.