1. xxxOLDDOGxxx

xxxOLDDOGxxx New Member

Does anyone have any advice on replacing the beds? I’d like to get a more comfortable one for the wife? I kinda like her so I am trying to surprise her

2. eoleson1

eoleson1 Well-Known Member

You mean the mattress I assume. Finding a new mattress can be challenging depending on the size. Making a new one is one option. I used a three inch memory foam topper on mine. Others have had success putting interlocking foam mats (anti-fatigue mats) under the mattress.

What is the year, make, and model of your pop up?

3. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I added a foam mattress topper to mine, I think about 2.5" but I can't remember the actual thickness. I got mine on clearance some years back at Wallyworld. I also added interlocking foam mats underneath the mattress - mine came from Costco. I sleep quite well now, and have been pretty happy with the upgrade. You just have to check how much room you have to work with when the roof is down. On mine I am pretty much at the max height - I can't leave the bedding on when I drop the roof or it won't close. Others have much more room to work with.

4. ReGuLtr

ReGuLtr New Member

We actually never use the dinette or sofa in our PUP, so on our trip last weekend I slid some of the cushions under our bed and it was the best camper sleep I've ever had !!

i did this also for my wife's sake, but at 8 mos. pregnant she doesn't sleep well anyway!l

I was able to finagle the cushions so that there was only one uneven spot in the whole bed and that was under my feet which didn't bother me at all!

5. HappyTraveler

HappyTraveler Active Member

We used one of our queen sized air mattresses on top of our king size mattress. Always sleep great on an air mattress. Trying to decide if I want to stay with an air mattress (would get two twin size to put on top of the king, so then have the FULL huge bed) or get a topper or put the other bunk end mattress on top of our mattress.
    Really need to try the other bunk end mattress on top first and see how that feels.