Bedding vs Sleeping bags?

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by Limmer, Apr 17, 2018.

1. Overland

Overland Active Member

Sounds like my story..to a T. Queen size AeroBed with light blanket over it.. Cabela's 0* camo bag over as a blanket.

I need to see how my AeroBed fits on the bed slide of the Colorado, may need to start looking at mattress toppers.

2. TinyCamperPro

TinyCamperPro Member

In the summer we prefer bedding as it is easy to clean when its really hot with no air conditioning. But when it comes to the winter we use a queen sized 0 degree sleeping bag. Which sometimes still isn't warm enough with no heater. The addition of a 12V timed heated blanket will be a warmed welcome this year...

3. Bluerose81

Bluerose81 New Member

I plan to make duvet covers for our sleeping bags out of sheets because they are slippery nylon and then I can make everything match without spending a ton of money.

4. ODBadger

ODBadger New Member

How do you remake the beds from the outside?

5. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

Just unhook the elastic and stand inside the canvas.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  6. ODBadger

ODBadger New Member

Ah, my canvas does not come out of the end easily, elastic on only the sides.

2005 Fleetwood Niagra

Sjm9911 and Orchid like this.
  7. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

My elastic is one long piece that goes all the way around.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  8. Tulip

Tulip Active Member

Bedding for us. Neither DH nor I like sleeping in sleeping bags. Bedding allows us to vary the warmth as well. We have dedicated bedding that stays in the camper, including a set of cotton and fleece fitted sheets for each bed plus a fleece blanket and a quilt. Our girls share one bunk and they were sharing blankets but this year we will get them each their own fleece blanket and quilt so they don't argue. We have 3 of the compact -10C sleeping bags stowed away for emergencies or guests.

9. sanrico

sanrico New Member

After four years of roasting in sleeping bags, we switched to bedding. Way more comfortable for us.

10. cottonlily

cottonlily New Member

We threw in old/extra bedding and textiles from the house and my kid uses a sleeping bag. She has one and we don't. I do NOT like to sleep hot so covers are probably best for me. I think as long as a person's temp is ok it doesn't matter which. We leave most of that in except for washing but we pack in and out pillows because we actually like to use them in the car in the trip.

11. JunieB

JunieB Active Member

Bedding. Fitted sheet on mattress, inexpensive washable polyester comforter on top, or only a topsheet instead in hot weather. Don't bother with a top sheet in cool weather, just wash the comforter as needed. Nothing to tuck in, just shake it out to make the bed.