Bedrest Daydream Camp Plans

Discussion in 'Georgia' started by Babiaca, May 5, 2016.

1. Babiaca

Babiaca New Member

So I'm on bedrest until I have this baby and then at least a couple of months getting her straight before we can hit the road again. But we hope to do a few weekend camping trips in the fall to get everyone used to camping with baby before our big trip to Disney next year. Help me daydream plan so I don't lose my mind trapped in this house! We know we want to stay within 2-3 hours of the Atlanta area and Cloudland Canyon is already on the list. What other campgrounds do you recommend? We also have a 9 and 5 year old.

2. NorcrossFlyer

NorcrossFlyer Active Member

I am a huge fan of Trackrock near Blairsville. Private campground with stunning North Georgia mountain scenery. They offer hayrides, horseback riding and to me it looked like they were building some kind of bar the last time I was there. Nearby is this model train museum that your kids will probably dig. I have never seen anything like it.

Enota, which is just north of Helen on GA 180 is also nice and very family friendly.

Congrats!

3. cham5

cham5 Member

Vogel state park is also in Blairsville. It is one of the nicest state parks in Georgia.