BedWedgies

Discussion in 'Featured Products' started by PopUpSteve, Sep 3, 2011.

1. almostmtnester

almostmtnester New Member

Just ordered a full set of wedgies, thanks Steve. Just bought this '06 Bayside in February. Unit was only used a few times & it looks like it too, and 3 of the 4 ends are already broke! I've always been a believer in spend a little more $$ and fix it once. Looking forward to installing these and getting it out next month...

2. EV2

EV2 Member

We just receive your order, and the Wedgies® will be shipped later today by USPS priority mail. Please shout if we can be of assistance, and thanks.

3. kurtes

kurtes Reno, NV

I better check mine when I open it up this year!

4. almostmtnester

Thanks Larry, I got the email confirmation. I can't wait to get the Bayside on a campsite [:D]

5. Bonniy

Bonniy arizona bred and born

I would love to order a set of these, but $80 is to steep for us, we are on a very fixed income, I know we have had 2 of them already break off, and the other 2 don't look in that good of condition

6. almostmtnester

Bonniy- They are on Ebay from Midland RV for $8ea +7 for shipping, you are still going to have $40 to temporarily fix it with the plastic pieces. Where do you want to spend your money? $40 every couple years for plastic, $80 for a permanent fix, or $1500 for new canvas, or a nasty looking repair when you punch a hole sliding in the beds. Wait, you may not find new canvas, FFT is no more...Just my opinion. That is how I analyze and justify where I spend my money.

7. Bonniy

problem is I lost my job, so finances are very tight, do these things ever go on sale??? and is there a way to get an email when they do go on sale??

8. EV2

EV2 Member

Bonniy, to date we have never had a sale as we had a long road to get a return on the original cost of making molds, etc. But, we are reaching a point where we are close to reordering, and have had a discussion about doing a group buy for portal members. No promises, but the discussion is to make a special web address to place orders in May to be all shipped on a mid to late date in May. No price has been set, but we are hoping to do a price point of about $60 for a set. If this is of interest to Portal members, send me a PM and if there is enough interest, I will also let Steve know if this idea prevails.
    Thanks again for all of the Portal members support.

9. Bonniy

I think I could handle $60 in may, waiting for tax refund, talked to hubby and he thinks we can swing that, about when in may could you do it?

10. happygramp

happygramp Member

Do you also have a solution for the flat end caps? I have 3 busted wedgies on my Utah, but the flat endcaps at the rear bed are also broken.

11. BelchFire

BelchFire I speak fluent vise-grip

Yeah, I saw those too, happygramp. Unlike the radius and taper on the wedgies, that one's a cinch to make. I think I'm gonna whip out a couple of four for myself from some aluminum stock if I can find some scrap.

12. EV2

EV2 Member

Agreed. We are looking for a cheaper solution than creating expensive molds. So far, the inexpensive and perfect solutIon evades us. We do not want to have anything that could snag or tear any tenting, windows or screen material.

13. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

When you place that Bulk Order, we are in for a SET.
    Are ALL the Fleetwoods the same?

Fleetwood 2008 Saratoga (2) busted and (2) to go!

14. EV2

EV2 Member

As far as I know they are all the same. If your broken plastic Wedge looks like the photo on the site, I believe you are safe to go. If there is any older Coleman or Fleetwood that is different, I would like to know.
    Thanks.

15. Sharon

Sharon Dover, FL

You know, I honestly don't remember seeing these in my Coleman. These are supposed to be on the end of the sliding bed rail inside right? (Where the two beds meet in the middle) I might have to order some.

Sharon

16. EV2

EV2 Member

The Power Buy is setup. For a couple of weeks, anyone here can use this link for a special offer on the Bed Wedgies®. The plan is to ship on about the 15th of May. This offer IS NOT on POPUPMODS.COM, (Too cheap to pay the web guy) so please use only this link. Do not use this link if you need the immediate shipping from Popupmods.com! I will try to contact those that sent a PM requesting to be notified. Thanks for helping on the reorder. This link should be active through the 10th at the minimum.

BEDWEDGIE® $60 SPECIAL

17. ChocoChock01

ChocoChock01 On the road aagaain See Rallies below;

:) Just placed an order!

Thank you for extending this special pricing, and hopefully you get enough demand to justify the special effort!

18. daveo1289

daveo1289 Active Member

Installed mine today. Took about an hour to do it. Great product.

19. Bonniy

just ordered a set for the special, thanks for giving us the may special, can't wait to get ours and install
    them

20. EV2

EV2 Member

Thank you all. Our reorder is in place and shipping soon and I will get them right out by USPS with tracking copy when they are shipped. Kind of a milestone on this little project.