Beech Hill Campground

Discussion in 'New Hampshire' started by DCL_CT, Aug 18, 2014.

1. DCL_CT

DCL_CT Member

Twin Mountain, NH. Nice, quiet place. We were up there a few weeks ago from Saturday through Wednesday. The campground is located along Rt. 302 west of Crawford Notch (BTW, my son's middle name is Crawford - picked for this beautiful place) and Rt. 3 - a good starting point for our day trips to Santa's Village with the kids or down to Franconia Notch.

Nothing hugely special about this place - dirt roads, spacious sites, good playground for the kids. There is an indoor pool, which we took advantage of during the one drizzly morning, along with giant outdoor checkers and chess. The owner does tractor wagon rides on the weekends and they also schedule other activities such as make-your-own-sundae. The owners are nice, friendly people; regular working-class like many of us. The free-standing restrooms are dated, but functional. The bathrooms attached to the office and indoor pool are newer and much nicer. Either way, no issues using either one. I took advantage of the laundry room one night and typically washed the dishes in the outdoor sink at the restroom building rather than filling up my gray water tank.

Decent place, not much money, and camping as camping should be without a lot of fluff.