Bent Roof Panel - 2017 Flagstaff T21DMHW

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by multimouse, Sep 7, 2018.

1. multimouse

multimouse New Member

The rear roof panel of our 2017 Flagstaff T21DMHW is bent slightly at each side of the skylight. I believe this is a weak spot and was caused by the force of lifting the weight of the front panel. A design flaw? Anybody else experience this issue? Remedies? 0514181816-1.jpg 0514181808-1.jpg 0514181807-1.jpg

2. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Active Member

Much worse on my rig, one side only (non-door sside), I did an external reinforcement using 3 ft long sq alum tube 1.25x1.25x 1/8” thick, and 3/16” pop rivets. Photos will be in a separate thread

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019
  3. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

I think I see what concerns you, a little rise of the top edge of the black skirting. I think those electric self-erecting models still have the great big hairpin springs at each lower corner, and that would be about where the end of the upper arm of the spring bears against the inside. I wouldn't worry about it unless the degree of deformation grows over time. Might want to ease a little caulking in there to maintain water resistance.

Suggest you directly contact Forest River/Flagstaff with your concerns and questions.