Best hybrid models under 19' and newer than 2012?

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by Rockwood_Freedom, Jan 24, 2021.

1. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Generally true, but the 2nd axle often means it's considerably heaver. Make sure your TV is up to the task. Ultimately I chose a single axle is to avoid the binding when backing into tight sites with sharp angles in the mountains. The lighter weight was an added plus with the amount of time we spend in the mountains. Tandem axle trailers are often sturdier built and many also have a slide for added room. My brother kept telling me that I need a slide, but I really don't. If I'm in the camper other than to sleep the weather got bad. Go spend an hour or so in various campers that you are contemplating with your usual camping crew, at some point your going to spend some time sheltering from the weather.

2. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

3. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

It’s ok, don’t sound the panic alarm just yet, now she is looking at Momentum toy haulers. She really likes the 353g but I cut her off at the 320g. I am not going any bigger than we already are

neighbormike likes this.
  4. cyclop5

cyclop5 Active Member Silver Supporting Member

Check out KZ, too. We've had our KZ 160RBT for a couple years now, and it's held up pretty well. 16 foot box, usual amenities, and under 3500#. Fresh water tank is a bit small (20 gallons), but not horribly so. They've also got an 18 foot with 3 popouts. We bought ours brand new for about $16k after taxes and fees. Used should be quite a bit less.

Rockwood_Freedom likes this.
  5. Rockwood_Freedom

Rockwood_Freedom New Member

Yes, I like those 160RBT configurations and layouts. I do see some brand new for sale for $16k but they are over 2,000+ miles away in the mid west and unfortunately no used ones anywhere near me at the moment. A 16ft box would be nice as I live in the city and street parking is very limited for me. I also want to stick to a single axle and avoid anything with a slide.