Best way to keep track of your 3 way refrigerators performance

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by popup-flyer, Aug 5, 2021.

1. popup-flyer

popup-flyer Active Member

This little thing is pretty cheap, connects via bluetooth to your phone and will keep a history of temps over time so you can see how it performs as the day gets hotter etc...

Simple to set up and use and view the results all from your phone.

Mine works while the RV is closed, in the garage and the unit is in the refrigerator and I am in the house 25ish feet away.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08S34C5X9?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2_dt_b_product_details

Anthony Hitchings likes this.
  2. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

Have you run it through a good test and checked against known reliable thermometers?? I've bought so many remote-read thermometers that failed me...but this looks perfect. :)

3. davido

davido Well-Known Member

There's another version of the same thermometer on Amazon, minus humidity.

I would only want to pay for a humidity sensor if that were something I could change about the fridge. I can change the fridge's operating temperature by changing the propane control and by turning on the vent fan. Humidity I have no control over. So I may as well not track it.

The version without humidity is $5 less. Just follow the links from the one posted above.

4. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

I picked up a wired thermometer from our local hardware store and compared it to 3 other thermometers in the house and they were all within 1 degree of each other. The sensor wire is thin enough that is does not interfere with the door seal and the main unit sits outside the fridge on the counter. Hey, it was like $10 and it does the job!!!

5. popup-flyer

I compared it to 2 other thermometers and it was within a degree.

For Bluetooth and the ability to be able to see how the refer performs throughout the day for weeks at a glance on my phone it was a pretty good bargain.

It has a magnetic back that will be attracted to the shelf metal but not that well TBH, use the corner hole and zip tie it if you want it to stay in place

For the record, I put it at the front of the shelf by the door on my modified Dometic 2193 fridge and is showed me interior temps at their best of 36-42 degrees steady in Texas summer weather.

6. Dingit

Dingit Well-Known Member

Good to know! It's pretty small, too. (Fridge space is precious and limited!)

7. popup-flyer