Big blue coffee pot - broken insides hack

Discussion in 'Pots, Pans, Grills, Other Cookware / Cleaning & Fo' started by Katskamper, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Katskamper

Katskamper Active Member

someone commented on another post of mine that the insides of her big blue percolator pot was broken. same thing happened to mine thanksgiving weekend. we tried a few options,
    Here's what worked:

make a coffee bag!
    use thick white paper towel & twist tie to make pouch.

( coffee filter papers didnt have enough paper to twist tie shut )

drop in pot w water like a teabag. boil - the hotter the water the better brewed coffee tastes.

we were making coffee for 6 that cold wet weekend & this worked great. easy cleanup ( save the twist tie)

& no grounds in the last cup poured!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. silvermickey2002

silvermickey2002 Morris County, NJ

Yup I have done the paper towel thing as well. We ran out of filters for our home machine and paper towels work just fine. Just a note, If you don't want to use paper towels pickup paper filters for a commercial brewer. Those are the big filters and you will be able to tie them shut.

Also, just thought about this, they also sell tea bags for making tea in a pot. They come in larger sizes as well. They are a little stronger then paper towels.

This is what I'm talking about:
    https://www.amazon.com/T-Sac-Filter-Disposable-Infuser-Capacity/dp/B001EM9ZRM/ref=pd_sim_79_2?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=9QJ5W92CRCTYEAJYB2B3

I buy #1 filters for single use. The link above is for #4 (6-12 cups)

Just my [2C]