Big Bone?

Discussion in 'Kentucky' started by circustravis, Jul 31, 2012.

1. circustravis

circustravis New Member

Has anyone camped recently at Big Bone State Park? I used to go as a kid, and it's close enough to take my PUP out for a trial run, but still be able to run home if I have some catastrophic failure.

2. XD9_Shorty

XD9_Shorty New Member

I also would like to know more about this park.

3. gec66

gec66 Active Member

It is one of our favorite close to home 2 night getaway type places to camp. Very small, only around 60 sites and fills up fast. Nice if you have small kids. Lots of kids programs, staff very friendly and customer service oriented. Bathrooms/showers older but well kept. Pool right in the campground open between Memorial Day and Labor Day.

4. Tracysues

Tracysues New Member

Are you talking about the one in northern ky? If so, it's a pretty goo campground. Small, but fills up fast!!! I camped there a few times this past season. Friendly staff, friendly campers. Campground facilities are kinda far from the back of the campground. But they are clean

5. Flyfisherman

Flyfisherman New Member

I've used that SP for an overnight layover on some of my Michigan spring/fall fishing trips. Nice little campground.

6. bburgcamper

bburgcamper 16 weekends a year camping just isn't enough.

We stopped in on a return trip from points South. We didn't camp but the staff we met were very friendly. The buffalo were fun to let the kids see and a nice little museum with the bones that have been excavated in the area.