Big Hill Lake, Cherryvale/Parsons KS

Discussion in 'Kansas' started by Badboyz107, Jul 26, 2014.

1. Badboyz107

Badboyz107 New Member

Folks I'll tell you what, the wife and I stayed at Big Hill lake, the "Little Ozarks" of Kansas, in November of 2013 and it was some of the nicest camping we have done. We did not have our pop-up ready at the time and went tent camping even thought it was the first week that it froze in Kansas. We staid in the Cherryvale Park that was a standard electric/water hookup, and was covered with Oak and Hickory trees. The lake itself is relatively small and it was to chilly for swimming. The Mound Valley campground was closed for the season already, and Timber Hill park being primitive camping only. In the morning the air warmed up enough that the lake steamed making for some great pictures with the family at the Outlook. I'd suggest going to these campgrounds for anyone!!!

http://www.recreation.gov/recreationalAreaDetails.do?contractCode=NRSO&recAreaId=546&agencyCode=70902

2. sekmomof4

sekmomof4 New Member

Awesome! This is going to be our go to camping spot! It's the closest to us. We've been up to Melvern lake to swim and the camping looks ok too.