Big leaking?!

Discussion in 'A-Frame PopUps' started by Enigmacamper, Dec 23, 2017.

1. BBQdave

BBQdave Active Member

I'm looking at this exact model, Aliner Scout Lite.

I have plenty of camp cooking gear, coolers and other camp gear. I like the idea of pop-up while still attached to vehicle - if I'm boondocking.

The models around here have AC's jammed in the side, not a fan of that design. But I am a fan of simple model :)

2. GPSAdventureTouring

GPSAdventureTouring New Member

Nothing on ours but the water hook up and power cord! 20200321_161509.jpg 20200320_170936_001.jpg

namronny, shuang2 and BBQdave like this.
  3. Enigmacamper

Enigmacamper Active Member

Love these! Ours is the Scout as well but we do have a dorm fridge and AC, hence vents. I had never considered that those could make a negative pressure inside the camper. I do want to raise the front when towing this year though. Does anyone know if there's an easy adaptor to raise the ball mount?

4. A-Ranger12

A-Ranger12 Active Member

All those are sealed to the outside. There shouldn't be any outside air entering the interior from those vents.

Obviously cracks can develop.

BBQdave likes this.
  5. WVhillbilly

WVhillbilly Well-Known Member

Just get a different hitch.

6. BBQdave

BBQdave Active Member

Hey Enigmacamper, how's that work with the AC in the side - as far as towing. Any issues with water coming in that side AC while towing?

7. Enigmacamper

Enigmacamper Active Member

The AC on the side has never presented a problem when towing or with water etc. (except perhaps occasional visibility towing) In fact it's quite a super convenient shelf right outside the door ;).

8. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

Hi, similar problem. When you say, leak by roof hinge, what are you referring to. Thank you

9. WrkrBee

WrkrBee Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

There is a cover over the hinge. One end of the cover was sealed, and the other was not.

10. Nanapoppypops

Nanapoppypops Member

Hi there. Well when we purchased our used Rockwood aframe, we had some leaks over bed. The dealer had put eternabond tape around every bubble window but I feel it's not working. Should I Re- caulk every roof seam, replace the foam strip? Would need some instructions. Thank you

11. Anthony Hitchings

Anthony Hitchings Well-Known Member Silver Supporting Member

Eternabond strips need to be laid down in the correct order, from bottom to top, like roof shingles, and try and flatten the gaps at overlaps. My dealer did it backwards (though no problems yet, that I am aware of). I am still getting a tiny amount of water in at the two rear corners, on the floor-to-wall cleats, most likely from around the roof spring areas. I need to redo the closed cell foam weatherstripping in these areas.

12. Anthony Hitchings

well - maybe. I need to break out my manometer with data logging and look for the pressure reduction when towing. I needed a new retirement activity.

Econ likes this.
  13. Anthony Hitchings

YES, because I would not get anything with canvas. And we don't want a full hard sided trailer at this point.

14. Fish N Farm

Fish N Farm Active Member

Sorry to hear you are having problems with your new toy. I know nothing about A liners. If I could find one that would fit in my garage that had all the stuff we want I would be learning about them now. A few days ago I read a blog about a guy camping in the winter time with one and he said to be sure to sweep the snow off of the sides before you let the roof ends down when closing it up because when the snow melted the water would run inside so I assume rain would do the same thing. Hopefully that is your problem. But, I have no real experience with them.

15. Fish N Farm

Fish N Farm Active Member

I want to drive the TV while you are in the trailer watching the Mano OK? I will even tow it with my TV and save you gas:)>) that does make sense. I don't want to get rid of all of that stuff I just wonder how well it could be sealed. I was reading an article about living in a R-Pod during a Yukon winter. I don't plan on doing that but that would have to help with all this heat down here and bugs.