Bike Rack for a new Jayco

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Nephidoc, Feb 28, 2011.

1. Nephidoc

Nephidoc New Member

I just got a new Baja 12E. You guys were a big help in making that decision.
    Thanks!

I'm feeling a little frustrated with my dealer though. The only dealer in Utah.
    I'll try to make this as short as possible.

I want to be able to take my canoe or kayaks on the top of the trailer.
    I've used a typical cross bar Thule set up on other vehicles.
    So........
    I asked the salesman what was available and he sent me to the parts department.
    There I met with the manager who told me to go buy some foam pad and lash the kayaks to the top.
    I told I'm I would prefer my kayaks to be a little more cradled... he told me to talk to another
    parts person who could find it in the catalog and tell me what it would cost.
    The next parts person had no idea what I was talking about and called Jayco.
    After about 20 minutes she told me it would be $1992.00 for a rack system.
    When I could catch my breath I asked if it would be clamped on to the top or if it would require drilling into the top..... she had no idea. She asked if she could just call Jayco later, get the details and then call me back.

I don't want to do anything to void the lifetime roof warranty.
    So I called Jayco..... I was told they could not give me any information regarding any rack products and I had to contact my dealer. They told me they did not want to give me conflicting information and confuse me.

I'm feeling a bit peeved.
    Would I have been getting this run around before I bought the trailer?
    Any help out there?

I won't even get into the "looks" and discussion I had with them about using solar.

Stan