Bird's Hill

Discussion in 'Manitoba' started by jinxiepie, May 20, 2013.

1. jinxiepie

jinxiepie New Member

Lovely campground very family friendly. Modern with well maintained sites. Very family friendly with playgrounds. Central modern pay-per shower building is not close to some sites. Showers are short for the coin, so scrub fast or expect to pay at least $2-$3 for a decent shower. Great biking trails.

Dogs not allowed on beach, so again DH had to stay behind on the picnic area while DD and I went swimming. Sites are hit and miss. Ours had barely any trees at all, and was completely open to the site beside us. no privacy, but some sites were fine. Song bay does not have very private sites, but chippewa bay and lark bay are not bad.

2. Vapour Trails

Vapour Trails New Member

I just stayed on Lark bay for a couple nights and it was quite nice; most sites are heavily wooded and have a feeling of privacy, just try to find a site that is level.

One odd thing I did not like is garbage is just left in cans along the road and during our Monday to Thursday stay they only picked up once. The result was skunks, raccoons and deer attacking the garbage, which was right next to our site. I don't know what they are thinking with their pick up policy.

3. GreatBigAbyss

GreatBigAbyss Active Member

Update: They have changed the garbage system. Now, garbage and recycling is held at the entrance to each bay in very deep pits with animal proof lids. We've been there twice in the last month now, and other than squirrels, chipmunks and deer, we haven't noticed any other 'pest' animals.

We stayed in Song Bay the first time, and Vesper Bay the 2nd time. Most of the sites in the west bays are well wooded and quite private. I think if you book more on the east side of the park, you'll have an open site.