Blackstone 22” portable griddle - Walmart clearance

Discussion in 'Deals too good not to share!' started by Sneezer, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I ws at Walmart this weekend and noticed they had marked the price down on this one from $147 to $109. I checked brickseek and found one store near me that actually had it reduced further to $70. I naturally ran up there and sure enough, they had 2 of them on the shelf. The packaging had seen better days, but I grabbed one anyway. Got it home, set up and everything appears to be fine.

This is a really neat upgrade to the 17” tabletop one that I bought last year. This model is larger, has 2 h-style burners with 2 controls, a hinged lid, and a folding steel stand. The griddle can be used without the stand, and the feet are adjustable to level it out, just like the smaller one. There is also a small attachable shelf that goes on the stand.

I saw these earlier in the year, and new I wanted to get one. Having that extra real estate on the griddle while still being fairly portable will be nice. I don’t always need the extra space, but for those trips where I may be cooking for larger groups this will be a nice addition.

For $70 I think this is an excellent purchase. Check your local stores. I also saw they had started marking down a lot of their outdoor bbq gear as well.

Sjm9911 and neighbormike like this.
  2. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

I've been keeping an eye on BS for the clearance to start. No luck here

3. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

I have the 22" Blackstone with the stand you are talking about. It is awesome! They also just released a cover for use with the 22" with the lid and stand. Walmart had it for $29.

4. jdkmrc

jdkmrc New Member

I've got one and I really enjoy it, too.

Two points of contention with me, though.

1 - They say it's a portable unit, however, there's no easy handles to lift and carry it around. ESPECIALLY if it's on the stand. The legs go through the holes and there's nothing to grab onto to lift off. I did solve this problem by attaching a window sash handle on either side.

2 - I haven't found any grease cup inserts. I may have to mod mine to make cleanup easier.

J Starsky likes this.
  5. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

I've dumbied some plywood with an ugly tablecloth to move the BS17 around while still hot - still a two man job. I'm using a table top, so it needs to rest on the ground to cool (while I eat). I will be adding handles to this rig, but mostly trying to bolt/mount a way to angle the platform, to make up for the skew or slope of the table. This is a winter project, only in "bar napkin" drawing status of R&D at StarskyCO. My grease cup was OK when I tinfoiled it, but probably will just clean it each time I make bfast foods. They seem to make the most grease byproducts and mess.
    upload_2019-9-9_13-22-43.png

neighbormike likes this.
  6. JesusJJQJ

JesusJJQJ New Member

I've got one also and I really enjoy it, but my last trip this past 4th of July was a problem - too windy! Its needs a wind screen around the sides - the space between the base and griddle was the problem. Wind didn't let griddle get hot enough! Hand to improvise with some scrap plywood. I plan i making something that can hang around 3 sides of ours!

J Starsky likes this.
  7. J Starsky

J Starsky Well-Known Member

Foil skirting? I thought maybe I'd have this issue, but I'm always inside of my "mess tent" that cuts the wind/rain/bugs.
    upload_2019-9-10_14-55-21.png

Attached Files:

JesusJJQJ likes this.
  8. Sneezer

Walmart had stacks of grease up inserts near me. I haven't used an insert yet though - I just take some paper towels and smash them down into the cup to soak up the grease after I am done cooking. It gets most of the grease, and makes cleanup a little easier.

I think I may pick up a Camp Chef bag for it - looks like it might fit in one of the ones they sell.

I was at Dick's the other day, and they sell a bag and cover for the 17" one, might pick it up for my 17 as well. Transport is always the hardest with these "portable" griddles, although it is a little easier if you pull the griddle out and transport it separately.

9. Customer

Customer Well-Known Member

I've been watching our local Walmart since Labor Day hoping to get that 22" on clearance. No luck so far, still at $147. Our store has three 22" and about five 17". That is until today when I checked and they have received more of the 17".

10. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

Turn it and the table 90 degrees, unless its like monsoon winds, ive had mine out in windy conditions, it worked well, not optimally but very well. It depends where tou set up, and be flexable!

11. Sneezer

I checked brickseek, a good number of the ones by me were still normal price, but there were about 4 stores that had them marked at $109 and one at $70.