Blackstone Covers/cases

Discussion in 'Pots, Pans, Grills, Other Cookware / Cleaning & Fo' started by Notgnirra, Apr 2, 2021.

1. Notgnirra

Notgnirra New Member

It seems a little excessive that a cover for my tiny 17” Blackstone is almost $30. It doesn’t even appear to be that durable either. I’m all for paying that much if it’s quality, but I’m wondering if you all have come up with better solutions or ideas on griddle protection.

2. shelmily

shelmily Well-Known Member

I have a Blackstone cover for my 22" and it is very heavy duty.

3. RonDad

RonDad Member

That $30 price is similar to what i paid for the one on my 36” Blackstone. However I was impressed that it is reinforced on all of the spots where it touches a corner - both on the griddle surface and the side shelves. I consider it a pretty good product. Especially compared to a one-size -fits-all grill cover.

4. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

The 17" one is pretty thin, and definitely lower quality I think compared to the others. I bought the bag that came with the cover, I think I paid $20 or so on sale a while back when I first got my griddle - mine is the earlier generation with the front grease trap. No hood either, but it is easier to store without the hood since you can flip the griddle over for transport. However, I only use the cover when I am camping, otherwise it stays in the bag in the garage. For that purpose I think it does OK.

I bought the cover for my 22" one with stand, and it is far heavier material.

They came out with electric griddles this year at Wal Mart. Strongly considering getting the 22" for the house - it gets too damn hot in TX to cook outdoors in the summer.