Blackstone Covers/cases

Notgnirra

Sep 16, 2020
It seems a little excessive that a cover for my tiny 17” Blackstone is almost $30. It doesn’t even appear to be that durable either. I’m all for paying that much if it’s quality, but I’m wondering if you all have come up with better solutions or ideas on griddle protection.

RonDad

Aug 11, 2020
North Carolina
That $30 price is similar to what i paid for the one on my 36” Blackstone. However I was impressed that it is reinforced on all of the spots where it touches a corner - both on the griddle surface and the side shelves. I consider it a pretty good product. Especially compared to a one-size -fits-all grill cover.

Sneezer

Super Active Member
Aug 8, 2015
DFW, TX
The 17" one is pretty thin, and definitely lower quality I think compared to the others. I bought the bag that came with the cover, I think I paid $20 or so on sale a while back when I first got my griddle - mine is the earlier generation with the front grease trap. No hood either, but it is easier to store without the hood since you can flip the griddle over for transport. However, I only use the cover when I am camping, otherwise it stays in the bag in the garage. For that purpose I think it does OK.

I bought the cover for my 22" one with stand, and it is far heavier material.

They came out with electric griddles this year at Wal Mart. Strongly considering getting the 22" for the house - it gets too damn hot in TX to cook outdoors in the summer.

ValerieD

Nov 14, 2021
Portland OR
We have just gotten our 17 inch and bought an inexpensive carry on suitcase with wheels to carry it. It's durable and has room for cooking utensils and a couple of propane bottles and spray bottles for water and oil.

hotrodcamper

Super Active Member
Nov 3, 2012
It seems a little excessive that a cover for my tiny 17” Blackstone is almost $30. It doesn’t even appear to be that durable either. I’m all for paying that much if it’s quality, but I’m wondering if you all have come up with better solutions or ideas on griddle protection.
I just bought an aftermarket aluminum cover for my 36” at home for $57 off eBay. When we buy a 22” for camper,we’ll definitely be buying the griddle with a hard cover,along with carry bag.

Darcy Parker

Jul 19, 2020
I would suggest going to a Tent / Awning shop and have one made specifically to fit your trailer - You'll pay more, but get a better quality product that's durable.

Sneezer

Super Active Member
Aug 8, 2015
DFW, TX
I was at a Walmart the other day and the carry bag for the 22" was on clearance. Might be worth a look - the newer ones at least seem to be thicker material than the one I have for my 17".

J Starsky

Super Active Member
Aug 3, 2017
East Central MN
I've been using this cover from Amazon the last few years. It is a well built unit, with pockets and reinforcement to carry the BS17. 1st link comes with a carry bag and a slip cover.

During my trips, I only use the slip on cover portion:

For Long Term Storage, or take it someplace, I put it in the carry bag.