Blackstone woes??? One Possible solution.

Discussion in 'Propane - Got Gas' started by Hoyt Burrass, Jul 24, 2021.

1. Hoyt Burrass

Hoyt Burrass Member

This is a summary of the long and sordid tale found in this thread.

To make that long story short, our new Blackstone Griddle would not work when connected to our trailer's propane quick connect....but I knew that I was getting gas to the quick connect because the camper stove worked when connected to it.

The Solution: It turns out that the RV industry changed the specifications for quick connects in 2004-ish to Model 250 Connectors (those that are currently sold at most online retailers). Our Popup (2000 Rockwood Premier) had the old style LP5 quick connect. So if you have an older RV and problems with your Blackstone, check your quick connects...our female quick connect was clearly labeled use LP5 connectors only. I'm not a propane guy and was unaware that there were multiple standards....it was not visually apparent that the LP5 and Model 250 quick connects were different. It never crossed my mind and I chased a lot of dead ends before finding the solution. I swapped out the older LP5 connections for Model 250 and all works as it should.

Thanks to all who spoke up and helped me sort the problem...and special thanks to Rabird for providing the information I needed for the fix....great community here...thanks again.

Below is a side by side of the LP5 (on Left) and Model 250 Male quick connects for reference.
    IMG_4980.JPG

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    firepit, neighbormike and Snow like this.
  2. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

Glad you got it working..

3. firepit

firepit Well-Known Member

Good shout out....Rabird is handier than a pocket on a shirt.
    Him and sjm9911 have talked me through some brutal understanding of propane...battery disconnects and solar panels.