Blue Springs state park

Discussion in 'Florida' started by vagov, May 10, 2016.

1. vagov

vagov Well-Known Member

Spend the day swimming the springs and canoeing down the saint James river.,,just enjoying the Florida sun

2. scubacamper

scubacamper Well-Known Member

It's a great camping spot especially if you snorkel or scuba dive / cave dive and we do. The problem is that it is often booked by snowbirds because it's just off I-4 and convenient. We also like to camp there then travel down to Sea World or Disney (if we don't stay at Ft. Wilderness).

3. Kybrowns1

Kybrowns1 New Member

Just booked my spring break trip there. It will be my first visit. I'm sure my family will love it. I think we will spend one day at a park in Orlando.

Any must do tips for Blue Springs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. scubacamper

We get there as often as possible. So to your question...
    1. Make sure you know how to access the pathway from the campground down to the upper end of the run and spring area. It's also where the camp store and tourist info and junk shop are located.
    2. The boat rentals and tour boat are at the other end of the walkway.
    3. If you want to eat at "regular restaurants" head south down 17 to Saxon and left on Saxon. You'll find fast food, a Publix, Target etc along the way. On Saxon you'll find Chick-fil-A, Dunkin Donuts, Bob Evans etc. There's also a Wal-Mart down that way and Home Depot.
    4. You said you're heading down to Orlando, great this is just the right amount of drive time at the end of the day when the parks close and you're beat.
    5. Also realize if the Manatees are in the spring or the run you won't be able to get into the water.
    6. One last thing...HAVE A GREAT TIME.

5. Kybrowns1

Kybrowns1 New Member

Thanks for the tips!!! Especially liked the trail tip from campground to water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. scubacamper

My DW reminded me last night two things I'd forgotten.
    1. If you snorkel or scuba dive (cave/cavern) it's a great site for both.
    2. As with all the SP's we've been to here in FL at the end of your stay once you check out pull around into the main parking area and spend the rest of the day at the other end of the run for whatever time you have left, in any before you need to head home.