Bluegrass/folk music festivals in the mid-Atlantic?

Discussion in 'Hobbies and Other Activities' started by PaulinBawlmer, Mar 18, 2014.

1. PaulinBawlmer

PaulinBawlmer I'm a traveling man ஃ

DW and I thought it would be a lot of fun to find a camper-friendly bluegrass or other folk music festival in the mid-Atlantic where we could camp onsite or close enough that we don't have to drive to attend. I've found a few online, but wanted to know if anyone has any recommendations in MD, DE, PA, WV or VA.

2. Rodger D.

Rodger D. New Member

Paul

I know that you have asked about places near you. I do not know the answer in your area.

In Keystone Heights is ...http://www.floridastateparks.org/mikeroess/ and 22 minutes away in
    Melrose is The Pickin House ( Lake Rosa Lane ). A little Road Trip will make this possible.

They ( The Pickin House ) are free to all the second Saturday of each month.

3. IGYPup

IGYPup New Member

4. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Laurel Hill State Park , SW PA, has a blugrass festival in August. Search for " Friends of Laurel Hill" . If interested make reservations now......the pet sections electric sites usually sell out and this year they are renovating a group of sites so they are not available. The festival is free.

Beamed straight to you from my Westinghouse AP1000 using Tapatalk

5. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

6. SchilkeX3

SchilkeX3 New Member

Berlin MD Has a fiddlers convention in September, very fine, authentic bluegrass groups. campgrounds very close but would have to drive. There is also one on site at castaways campground
    http://www.ocbluegrass.com near ocean city. Have enjoyed his one in the past.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

7. PaulinBawlmer

PaulinBawlmer I'm a traveling man ஃ

Awesome! Thanks, everyone- I love this site!

8. Yak

Yak Well-Known Member

Spring Gulch Folk Fest in New Holland Pa and the one and only Philly Folk Fest. Spring Gulch is a nice weekend at a family campground. Philly Folk Fest is not for the faint of heart.

Camping at Philly

[​IMG]

View from my campsite at Spring Gulch last year

[​IMG]

9. flytyer

flytyer Member

Chester County 86th annual Fiddlers picnic Aug. 9th Hibernia County Park in Coatsville, Pa. Camping on site.