Boating problem solved

Discussion in 'Fishing' started by nineoaks2004, Jun 28, 2020.

Tags:
  1. nineoaks2004

nineoaks2004 Every meal is a picnic and every Day is a holiday

I tired the yak, canoe etc. due to bad knees, age, bad back etc. nothing really worked for me, I found Sea eagle inflatable boats, particularly the 285 Fpb (frameless pontoon boat) it is a solidly made , one person fishing machine and is tough it weighs only 42 lbs and folds into a carry bag. I have a couple of friends that either have one or has someone close that has one. One has a brother that camps a lot and had the same problem that I and quite a few others have of carrying a boat and pulling the camper at the same time he bought one several years ago has had zero problems and loves it. Being a long time camper and usually solo camping I naturally have ideas to "make it my own" and have either made, or waiting for items ordered to arrive (including the boat which is back ordered ) Hopefully this will be the answer to "how to fish while camping"

Orchid, nectarsis, megcabra and 4 others like this.
  2. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

Be sure to keep us posted!

3. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I have a sea egle kyack thing, diffrent then the pontoon boat, but it has held up well and is made strong.

neighbormike likes this.
  4. gladecreekwy

gladecreekwy Well-Known Member

Nice! Love that boat. My little pontoon has been great. 0CB0AEF3-E21C-4672-90AC-17627368D748.jpeg

nineoaks2004, Orchid, kcsa75 and 2 others like this.
  5. nineoaks2004

I will be glad to. I hope it works as well as I hope it will. you can check the boat I ordered out at www.seaeagle.com (my choice is the 285fpb (frame-less pontoon boat) They have a large assortment and everyone seems to really like them, of course being a camper I did order some extras so I could "make it my own" :)
    and also in the process of making some items

Sjm9911 and neighbormike like this.
  6. Orchid

Orchid Sharp Shootin' Grandma

I've thought about buying one of these before. Being in FL, like you, I'm afraid of gators biting into it. [LOL] Likely that is an irrational fear, but I didn't grow up with gators, I'm a transplant.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  7. nineoaks2004

I was raised around gators,never had a problem I was a gator hunter in my younger days but gave the hunt up to my son, remember gators are excellent to eat. :) The swamp gator will stay away from human, the ones that give trouble are the ones that people feed and claim them as pets

neighbormike and Sjm9911 like this.
  8. Arruba

Arruba Active Member

Like gladecreek, I’m a pontoon user. Good luck with yours.
    D72B7A85-874C-4BC9-BF76-3DF699A9843A.jpeg

9. nineoaks2004

Good looking outfit make me want to go camping and fishing Thanks for sharing the photo.
    I am looking forward to mine arriving, mine is a little different from yours, the seat is raised and it has a floor so I will be able to stand also has a motor mount. End result is the same in that I will be able to carry it while camping and do some fishing. I copied their plans and made a cart to take it to the water if need be, basically a 4 1/2' piece of bed rail with a wheel at each end of the bar I know 42 lbs is not much weight but at my age I need all the help I can get :)

10. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I hope it works out for you. I had a sea eagle kayak it it was a great boat. I had it for over 8+ seasons until I hit a valve wrong and it cracked. They are otherwise pretty rugged. I rigged up a cart to bring it to the boat ramp or back to the car. It may not me heavy, but When you have all the gear sometimes it’s easier to bring everything at once vrs a thousand trips. Read up on your areas boating regulations. If you have a motor you may be required to register it even if it’s inflatable. My state is quite strict in this matter so you may not have as many rules.

11. nineoaks2004

thousand trips. Read up on your areas boating regulations. If you have a motor you may be required to register it even if it’s inflatable. My state is quite strict in this matter so you may not have as many rules.[/QUOTE]

Fl requires registration if it uses or has a motor even a canoe requires reg. I have built a cart to move it if I cannot back the truck down to the ramp, better than dragging it. Thanks for the info.