Bolts from old Stabilizers

Discussion in 'Stabilizing Your Camper' started by billbillbillbill, Apr 18, 2014.

1. billbillbillbill

billbillbillbill Active Member

I am planning to replace my flip down Atwood Stabilizers with the BAL Screw down type on my 2005 Fleetwood Yuma. My plan is to unbolt the Atwoods but my question is what did you do with the tack welded on bolts. Do they get in the way of the BAL install or can I just leave them?

2. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

Do you have welded on BOLTS or welded on NUTS? Either way, if they are interfering with the install, use a sawzall or cutoff wheel and get rid of them. You'll be happy with the new stabilizers!

3. billbillbillbill

billbillbillbill Active Member

The bolt head that is above the plate is welded. The threads go below and the stabs are connected. Having to cut off the bolt was what I was thinking but was just curious if anyone who has done the install could confirm. Thanks

4. kmh1596

kmh1596 Wilbraham, MA

I did a similar install, but not quite, as I was installing them where there had not been anything. It is possible that you'll be able to use one of those welded bolts (a stud, really, right?) in your install.

Let us know how it works out, and post pictures of the process. ;)

5. friartuck

friartuck Well-Known Member

I did this mod on my '02 Yuma. I left the old bolts alone and they did not interfere with the installation of the new stabs.