boondocking must have

Discussion in 'Boondocking' started by ac1oz, May 11, 2015.

1. gruss

gruss Active Member

You're coming to the rally at Pymatuning in July right?

2. Scotia 55

Scotia 55 Member

Nitrohorse and Gruss. If you happen to ever go North bring some of that yummy Yuengling with you. Excellent beer but you can't get it here!!!!

3. gruss

gruss Active Member

I don't typically go far without it...

4. Haybale

Haybale I'd rather be camping!!

I honestly don't think I have anything in my pup that uses 110v nor a water hose other than a jug...

I ensure I have food/water, extra clothes, first aide kit, fire pit, flash lights, wood, an adult beverage, sleeping bags, tire repair kit, tire pump, tools, and other might need stuff. This list is in no particular order!!

5. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

Gee folks, most of the time we are out, we must be boondocking.

We always have with us white gas 2 burner classic Coleman cook stove with 1/2 gallon of fuel. We also have single burner model we bring as a backup....

Plus a white gas lantern, LED lights for the camper and our heads.

A mini Fiskars axe, folding bow saw, folding fire ring, mini shovel, kindling and fire wood. I have been know to bring a pole saw (gas powered) but that's not the norm.

A complete shower setup but we only use it when we have a water supply nearby. (and its legal)

A 5 gallon fresh water container.

We bring an extreme cooler stocked with some ice and filled with various foods and beverages. We do occasionally bring dehydrated food that the spousal unit has made and dried.

If the camper needs heat, we have a small "Mr Buddy" heater we'll have along in the fall or spring if the temps get cool. We only run this to get in bed, or up in the morning. Our PUP is small and it heats her up in just a few minutes. Of course during cooler camp times, we bring warmer bags that zip together.

We own a Honda 2000 generator (model?) we've never brought along yet. See above as to why.

Here is some "boondocking" on the dogs blog

http://trailmuttreports.blogspot.com/search/label/Trail%20work%20I%20love

6. samh

samh Campin'

Checked out your blog, ArlyA - that's a cool looking little camper. And thanks for your work on the NCT! As a Superior Hiking Trail thru-hiker I'm a big fan of the NCT as well. I've only backpacked bits of it in Western Wisconsin but the sections up in the U.P. are something I would really enjoy experiencing someday.

7. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

8. samh

samh Campin'

First part of May 2005 I thru-hiked from North to South. I lived in Duluth for about two years and backpacked many, many sections of it again during '06/'07 too. Love that trail. Love the mountains and truly huge tracts of wild land proper more however so moved out to Montana in '08.

9. wl7cpa

wl7cpa New Member

Pop Up is a 2004 A Liner:

1. Two deep cycle batteries
    2. Two 5 gallon propane tanks
    3. Harbor Freight Solar Panel Kit, always on one battery
    4. Change all lights to LED, low amperage lights
    5. Zeer Pot (evaporative cooler / non-electrical refrigerator)