Boston (MA) Area, East Coast Rally - June 28, 2013 (Fri) – July 7, 2013 (Sun)

Discussion in 'Past Rallies' started by Need2Travel, Jul 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

Re: Boston (MA) Area, East Coast Rally - June 28, 2013 (Fri) – July 7, 2013 (Sun)

Just over two months to this rally.
    There are still electric sites available.
    There are beaches nearby, Boston, and the Cape.
    Lots of things to do here, especially if you've got kids...... [:D]

2. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

3. NH-popper

NH-popper Boldly going camping!

Re: Boston (MA) Area, East Coast Rally - June 28, 2013 (Fri) – July 7, 2013 (Sun)

Unfortunately, we won't be making it to this one - it's the only week we can all get time off to go to French Creek, which we promised our son we'd go to this year. Maybe we'll make the Fall Foliage rally.

4. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

NH-popper - We'll all miss you! Hope to catch you and your family another time this camping season.

5. pixel

pixel Campers: Nature's way of feeding mosquitoes. Unkn.

Count Pixel & Family in!! Finally starting to make our camping reservations for 2013. Not bad. [;)]

Hopefully, they don't turn my site into a host site again!!!!!

Site M012
    From July 1st - July 8th

We still have to juggle some events for the 4th (morning), however we are going to try to go to the esplanade in the evening.

6. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Welcome Pixel, glad you and your family can make it. I have added you to the attendee list

7. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

We're looking for suggestions - we are thinking that it might be cool to see the Boston fireworks since we'll be there for the 4th. (We do recognize the charm of small-town 4th celebrations but that is all we have here in Vermont so we thought we might try something different.) We were thinking of going into Boston for the day, it would be just the two of us. Anyone have ideas or suggestions as to how to best accomplish this? Will there be a problem returning late to the CG?

8. benfrench

benfrench Woodbridge, VA

I would drive to Quincy Center T or Wollaston (Don't go to the first T station, they charge an exit fee) and park. Take the Red line to the Green line and head out that way. To get a place to sit at the Hatch Shell, that will be your day in Boston....you will need to get there early...

9. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

my sleepy little town (Wilmington) has a fireworks night planned for the Saturday after the 4th. If there is enough interest we could take a trek there to watch them and head back. It is maybe a 45 minute drive from Hingham.

Last year the display was 35-45 minutes long and was spectacular.

Jerry in MA

10. Storm Trooper

Storm Trooper Home is where you park it!

One month away as of today......
    There are still electric sites available.
    Still time to attend. [SUN]
    Food [HD] [)#(] [HB] [BBQ], Drinks [REDC] [CB] Friends [:I] [XK], Fun [BY] [KK] [Vo] [Guitar], Camping [HY] [HYC] [PU] [ALPU]

Don't miss this Rally, you'll be [:(] [:(] [:(].

Be happy [:D] :) [8D] [:)O]. Make your reservations now...... [;)]

Hope to see you there.
    Don't forget your tricorn hats for the Fourth of July. [usa]

11. smellott

smellott Livin' in NH but a WV Mountaineer for life

Happy to say that the NHeer clan will be attending this rally . . . . we're arriving Saturday June 29 and leaving Saturday, July 6. We'll be in campsite M031. Looking forward to catching up with everyone . . . . it's been crazy/busy the last 6 months and looking forward to slowing down and doing some camping.

NHeer

12. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Re: Boston (MA) Area, East Coast Rally

Excellent news, I have added you to the attendee list.

** FOR ALL REGISTERED: you will be getting a PM from me, so please check your PM inbox **

13. etool8762

etool8762 New Member

Im trying to get time off and the pup up and running... Have 3 kids 12, 5, 1 for thoes others that have kids..keeping my fingers crossed [?:~{]

14. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Hope you're able to join us etool8762.

For those wondering about getting in and out of the city (Boston), a public transportation pass is available for $18 per person, covers 7 days. There is a free parking area very close to the park and a quick bus ride (bus 220) that runs right to Quincy Center where you can use the pass to catch the T.

Everyone upon arrival to this rally will be getting an area packet, to give you insight on local places of interest and information on transportation options. So if you're hesitant about attending because you're not sure you want to mess with the Boston traffic, rest easy we've got ways to keep costs down and make traveling around simple.

Here is the link for the 4th of July Events for the town of Hingham, where Wompatuck State park is located.

More coming on Boston, and other neighboring areas later this week.

15. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Thanks for the information, we are looking forward to attending! We will arrive on the 3rd and depart on the 7th so we are hoping to spend a little time exploring the area. The USS Constitution was closed the last time we were in Boston, so we missed seeing it.

16. pixel

Well the Park did it again!!!!! They cancelled my reservation again!!!!!!! This time due to electrical issues with sites: M002, 004, 006, 025, 027, M008-020. [:(!]

Going to have to talk with DH to see if we are going to rebook this reservation.

~Pixel

17. Need2Travel

Need2Travel Rhode Island

Pixel - I think it is a sign that you're just supposed to be closer to the rest of us! [:)C]

But honestly, what are the odds!

Update to anyone else thinking of joining us that do want power - Book ASAP - as they just closed a row of powered sites due to power problems on one road. The sites that have been closed are not currently booked by any other attending PopUp Portal member. There are plenty of nice non electric sites available, including my favorite.

18. pixel

Need2Travel:

We are rebooking, but only for the last weekend (Friday (5) - Monday (8)). Site E018.
    See you all then. I hope they don't cancel THIS reservation. [:O]
    Pixel

19. Grn Mtn

Grn Mtn New Member

Need2Travel, I am really looking forward to seeing your camper! We also have a few other Apaches joining us so the vintage side of things will be well represented. [:)C]

20. jerry_ma

jerry_ma Member

you can put me in the vintage apache group :)

Jerry in MA

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.