Boulder Woods Campground

Discussion in 'Pennsylvania' started by steved26, Jul 10, 2014.

1. steved26

steved26 Member

ok, here is my 1st review here...
    we decided to go to boulder woods campground due to a few other choices being full.

thursday 7/3 - We checked in and the kid working in the store seemed clueless, but the owner kay stepped in and finished checking
    us in, gave us all the paper work of whats going on during the weekend and then she drove us over to our site, which
    was nice. we got all set up and then the storm came around 7pm. Power went out around 7:15 or so.. as the night
    went on the bingo and kids flash light candy hunt got cancelled. The site we had was clean, wooded and a good size.
    we had a pavilion across the street, which was covered and had lights. i took the kids to the pavilion and we played
    games in hoping the power would come back on.. walked over to the bath house and since they use a well the
    bathhouse was closed cause they didn't have running water so i walked down to the main bathroom and they had
    generators running, so you could flush the toilet but still couldn't get a shower.. went to bed..

friday 7/4 - took the kids down to the pool pavilion at 11am for candy bingo. it was delayed due to the power still being out, but it
    got under way around 11:30am, the kids had a good time and won some candy. (my wife went to the camp store cause
    they had a generator running and was able to get a cup of coffee) from there we waited around for the hayride.
    cooked lunch and played some games, power finally came back on around 3pm. they had a 4th of july parade around the
    campground, which was nice. the entertainment at the pavilion started around 7pm, they had a dj which played current
    music, so the kids loved it.. they had ice cream, funnel cake, fried oreo's, hot dogs and hamburgers. prices were
    pretty reasonable. from there we went and played some basketball then walked back to the site. i heard over the loud
    speaker they were doing the flash light candy hunt, so we walked back down for that. went to bed, woke up to my 5yr
    old throwing up... cleaned her up threw the bed clothes outside and went back to bed.

saturday 7/5 - started the day doing laundry. spent most of the day at the pool.. The pool was very nice and clean. went back to
    the site to get our fishing gear as they had a fishing tournament from 5pm-6:30pm. the lake is nice (long walk down
    to the lake). would of been better if some of the lilly pads were removed before the fishing as everything was getting
    stuck in them. they had the dj going again so we went down for ice cream then back to the site where we did a
    campfire with smores..

sunday 7/6 - went to the all u could eat breakfast adults were $6 food was good.. they had a lot to choose from.. then headed back
    to the site to break down the camper and head for home.

all in all it was outdated, the bath houses didn't have any paper towels to dry your hands. the shower stalls have a small dressing area before you step into the shower, but there is no where to put your dry clean clothes. trying to hold the chain for a shower wasen't great. toilets worked but not the cleanest. i would go back since we have a camper with a shower and toilet. my wife said no way she would go back there without a camper with a shower and toilet.. They did have a lot to do for the kids.

2. JeepMama

JeepMama New Member

What part of Pennsylvania? We don't do a lot of private campgrounds. But I think all the kid activities sounded like fun :) except for the nocturnal throwing up. We have one who throws up a lot. Not fun at all :(

3. steved26

steved26 Member

I am in ridley township delaware county. Which is just south of the Philadelphia airport.
    Boulder woods was off the Lansdale exit of the blue rou. i476. I guess to much funn. cake and fried Oreos. they really did do alot for the kids. Like I said I would go back. My wife is really not an outdoorsy kind of girl, where I grew up with popup campers, but that's one reason we went with a fully loaded camper.
    Steved26

4. Summer89

Summer89 New Member

Boulder wood campground is greatest for kids and adult.. Activity for them. I had been there 4 or 5 year for seasonal campground. The owner and staff did greatest job. They do make a lot kids and people very happy and enjoyed it. If power go out. They alway there for everyone. They try so hard... I love it and alot my friend and family go there and enjoyed it. It is local in Green lane, Pa . They do have so awsome haunt Halloween at campground.. In oct.

5. kjay12

kjay12 New Member

We just got home from the weekend at Boulder Woods Campground. The biggest issue we had were the bathrooms. We used the main bathroom by the store. All the toilets rocked, no soap to wash you hands and trying to hold a small chain in the shower was difficult. The men's room doors didn't close right. On Saturday afternoon 3 of the 4 stalls in the ladies room didn't have toilet paper. I let them know in the office. Three hours later still no toilet paper.

On the plus side they have three nice pools. One for adults only, one baby pool and the bigger main pool. The camp store is nice and has a deli and hand dipped ice cream. The are a lot of activities and a nice playground. We walked down to the pond but did not fish. There are a lot of seasonally sites. Everyone was friendly. It's less than an hour from our house. We would camp there again probably in a different section.

Kim
    2015 Jayco 8sd Sport