Boundary Water Outfitters

Discussion in 'Canoeing / Kayaking, Boating, & S.C.U.B.A.' started by Luv2ridebikes, Aug 6, 2009.

1. Luv2ridebikes

Luv2ridebikes New Member

Getting the canoe out of the rafters has given me the itch to get back to the best canoe expedition territory on this planet. It may be a year or two, but the dreaming has started.

Many years ago, my family used to pack in with our own gear and water craft. It looks to me like the best option today is working with an outfitter - at least for the canoe, food and entry/exit. I like the idea of tripping in a 17-18 foot lightweight expedition canoe VS my heavy beast.

Any experience/recommendations for Outfitters in the area?

2. FL Crackers

FL Crackers New Member

I would highly recommend Seagull Outfitters. They have a range of services as you can see from their web site. They're the only one I have experience with, but probably would not use anyone else now.

They typically close for the winter but monitor e-mail religiously.

http://www.seagulloutfitters.com/

3. Luv2ridebikes

Luv2ridebikes New Member

Thanks - I bookmarked their website.

4. nfisherman

nfisherman Member

I did a BWCA trip about 10 years ago. I used Voyageur North Outfitters. They did a nice job for us. Their equipment was in great shape. Our trip wasn't much fun because we were in the middle of a freak heat wave. Every day was over 100 degrees. I haven't been able to convince my wife to go back, so now I'm waiting for our son to get big enough to go with me. [A]