Brakes question

Alisa

Jan 28, 2021
We are looking at a 1999 Starcraft Starmaster 1224 does anyone know if this unit has brakes? I was trying to find specs online but did not see anything. If not has anyone put brakes on one and how hard is it.
Thanks!

kcsa75

Super Active Member
Gold Supporting Member
Sep 9, 2013
Kansas City
That Pup may or may not have brakes. I had a 12-foot Jayco that did not. The only sure fire way to know is to crawl under it and take a look.

Adding brakes is no big deal. There are bolt-on kits available from eTrailer for not a lot of money. One of the great things about eTrailer is they have folks on staff that can help you select the right kit and help with instructions on the installation. The link is below and with a little poking around you can find several videos that should answer your questions. You can submit a question online or pick up the phone and give them a call.
https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Trailer_Brakes.aspx

Alisa

Jan 28, 2021
That Pup may or may not have brakes. I had a 12-foot Jayco that did not. The only sure fire way to know is to crawl under it and take a look.

Adding brakes is no big deal. There are bolt-on kits available from eTrailer for not a lot of money. One of the great things about eTrailer is they have folks on staff that can help you select the right kit and help with instructions on the installation. The link is below and with a little poking around you can find several videos that should answer your questions. You can submit a question online or pick up the phone and give them a call.
https://www.etrailer.com/dept-pg-Trailer_Brakes.aspx
Thanks! We will be able to see it next week. Appreciate your help!

WrkrBee

Super Active Member
May 23, 2018
South Carolina
Adding brakes is no big deal. There are bolt-on kits available from eTrailer for not a lot of money. One of the great things about eTrailer is they have folks on staff that can help you select the right kit and help with instructions on the installation.
Be careful of what you see on some videos. eTrailer has at least one video of the "tech" installing brakes with Scotchlocs. Terrible choice of electrical connectors, especially for brakes.