Branched Oak SRA

Discussion in 'Nebraska' started by foxpj, Jul 14, 2013.

1. foxpj

foxpj US Army retired

Nice campground we stayed in area 4, lots of camp sights, new playground great view of lake or field a lots of people there but never felt crowded. Clean bathhouse great camp host. Large well maintained swimming beach with adjacent picnic grounds. Lots of people there for water sports. Nice marina with a bar and grill.

2. sonicblaze

sonicblaze New Member

Awesome,more Nebraska places! We live in Omaha and are looking for good places near by :). We have a weeklong trip coming up to Burwell, but have talked about Branched Oak a few times wondering how it was,thanks for the info!

3. tobinfamily

tobinfamily New Member

Hi sonicblaze!

We are new to the forum and new to the pleasure of pup camping. One place that is close to Omaha is Summit Lake in Tekamah. It was just recently updated to include electricity and has 190 acre lake with a beach. It's a nice quiet area about an hour or so North of the Metro. It's easy to get to by taking 75 straight North to Tekamah and then a few miles West on Hwy 32. Here's a link to the page: http://www.outdoornebraska.ne.gov/parks/guides/parksearch/showpark.asp?Area_No=247

Jim

4. speckhunter80

speckhunter80 Well-Known Member

Thanks for providing the info

5. tcanthonyii

tcanthonyii Member

Branched oak is nice but I prefer Pawnee which is south of branched oak about 10 miles. Branched oak to me seems more like a party place. Pawnee is way more laid back and relaxed. Just my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. tobinfamily

tobinfamily New Member

I know what you mean. If this were 10 years ago or so, the party place is where I would head. But now, with 4 kids, we just want a family friendly relaxing time where the kids can run around and meet other kids and have fun.

Jim

7. sonicblaze

sonicblaze New Member

The one thing for us that's a must is modern restrooms. Our little casset toilet is emergencies only, and the wife won't do an outhouse :)

We'll have to check out Pawnee. We've never had a problem at Brached Oak, but we go early spring/late fall, when it's too cold to be swimming anyways. Middle Oak grounds are usually empty, we've had a lot of nights with only us and the hosts.

8. tcanthonyii

tcanthonyii Member

I'll have to check that camp ground out. Pawnee is only 5 miles from our house and my work so we stay there during the week sometimes too. Get an early start to the weekend. The showers and toilets are good as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. foxpj

foxpj US Army retired

How about someone who has actually been to Pawnee / Summit Lake post a review on it so every one can see it instead of commenting on a post about Branched Oak [8D]