Broken Ratchet?

Discussion in 'Lift Systems' started by Erin K., Aug 13, 2019.

1. Erin K.

Erin K. New Member

Hey All,
    I'm new to this world, only been out 2 times with my used 1992 Coleman Americana Sequoia PUP. Unfortunately though, the second time we took it out we found the part that locks the roof up dangling and had to Jimmy rig a rope to the trailer tongue so the roof would stay up.

I've been looking online and calling repair places with absolutely no luck. We don't know what it's called or exactly how it's supposed to look other than that the dangly piece is supposed to go up against the pin to prevent it from spinning, therefore keeping the roof up. It has come disconnected from something and isn't wedging up against the pin. Does anyone have experience with this?

Attached Files:

2. Morning Glory

Morning Glory New Member

I am definitely not an expert but it sounds like something broke on your lift system. Do you have your owner's manual? If you do, you might be able to look at it and get an idea of what the part is called. If you do not have the manual, you can look online and find it. Hopefully, that would give you some help with fixing it. Good luck.

3. Erin K.

Erin K. New Member

I had searched online and in the manuals but couldn't find anything. The good news is, in my parent's neighborhood someone had a tent trailer that looked like mine and they let me take a look at what it should look like. A screw had just come out! I was able to fix it right away and with parts I already had!

Attached Files:

4. myride

myride Well-Known Member

Always a good thing when a repair turns out to be a simple/cheap fix!