Broken Water Hose on Colman Bayside

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by bearair, Aug 28, 2011.

1. bearair

bearair New Member

The hose going into the outside shower broke right at the coupling, I managed to put a cap on it for now but how can I fix it. How do I remove the hose from under the slide out and where can I find an replacement?

Thanks for any help
    Joe

2. DMsquared

DMsquared New Member

On our first trip on our NTU 2001 Coleman Utah, the outside shower was leaking when I connected to the CG water. My hose connections to the shower are under one of the dinette benches. I used the winterizing hose for the water heater to connect the hot and cold together, disconnecting the shower. It was my only hope at the time, and I did not plan on using hot water. When I got home I pulled the shower assembly completely off and the problem was that the stem for the cold water had broken. Not sure if it was from turning the cold knob to tight or what. I found a set of stems at a local RV place and replaced the cold. Good as new. I carry the extra in the pup just in case. I rarely use the outside shower and have thought about putting a cutoff in-line on both the hot and cold, just in case it ever happened again. If the shower was needed, it would be easy to lift the dinette seat and turn it on.

Hope this helps.

Mike

3. n6nvr

n6nvr New Member

We have a 2001 Cheyenne. The stem on one of my valves broke the first time I tried to stow the shower hose. Trying to stuff 8 pints in a 7 pint bottle. I had to disconnect the hose and plug it off for a temporary fix and allow us to use water hook-up. The hole cut into the wood inner lining does not line up with back of the shower fixture by about 1.5" So I was unable to remove the valve assembly from the back. I had to drill out the rivets holding the whole assembly on from the outside.

The fastenings on the valves is identical to what you find on regular sinks and valves. I just couldn't unscrew the ring that holds it to "the sink". (The tubing screws on to the base of the valve and a ring outside that pulls the valve down. That ring couldn't be unscrewed.)

I just finished drilling out the rivets a while ago, after dark. I'm going to take the whole thing to Home Despot tomorrow and either get some new valves or a new assembly. Once I get a good look at things in the daylight and what is available I'm going to replace with more robust components. I'm thinking a stronger faucet assembly and may even rig it so the hose feeds in to the area behind the facility and pulls out, similar to the electric cord. Or I might just get an assembly that allows screwing on a hose to the assembly. As it is now, the hose and shower head assembly is too long to easily shut the door, but is too short to reach up far enough for either me or the DW.