Bunk End Bed Rails

Discussion in 'Camping with Kids/Pets' started by PopUpChrisH, Jul 13, 2021.

1. PopUpChrisH

PopUpChrisH New Member

Does anyone have any good hacks for bed rails on the bunk ends? my 3 year old isn’t the most stationary sleeper. Do you just purchase one?

2. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I feel your pain. My little side kick was like a freight train at night.I was sitting around the fire once and when I turned to go in I saw half her body sticking out from under the canvas on the bunk and she was fast sleep. Somehow her legs and body slipped between the bungees on the bunkend. We ended up putting her on the collapsed dinette table/bed after that as it was just all around safer.Even had to put a line of pillows on the floor beside it as she was often fell off the bed. She really didn’t understand and often wanted to go back on the “big girl bed” but until she could learn to contain her movements better at night I was so afraid she would get hurt. The biggest problem about the side rails for beds is they are designed for thicker and heavier mattresses. They just don’t slide under the mattress far enough to really be supportive. Some kiddos do well with pool noodles in a fitted mattress, but some sleep too hard to even notice. Good luck.

3. katie green

katie green New Member

we found something like this on facebook marketplace for like $9! it keeps our 3 + 4 year old from falling off the bed. works pretty good and we fold it up and put under the mattress when we're traveling.