Bunk End Bungee’s Are Just Dangling

Discussion in 'First Time & New Camper Owners' started by Littlejohn, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Littlejohn

Littlejohn New Member

Hi all! Reluctant tent camper, cautiously enthusiastic n2u PUP owner here with a few questions. We just bought a ‘94 Jayco 1207, there are a few issues with some things that I can find answers to, these are the ones I can’t seem to find anything on.

1) Where do the dangling bungees attach inside the camper??? I know the canvas is supposed to be pulled tight by attaching the bungees to bungee buttons under the bunk.....but both ends of the bungee are just dangling and I can’t find an attachment point that makes any sense.

2) is the teal portion of the tent vinyl or canvas? Is the rest of the tent (the white parts) canvas?? I want to clean, protect, and patch areas but most products don’t work on canvas AND vinyl, and there’s no resource I’ve found that can give me a concrete answer....I even called Jayco and am waiting for a call back because our PUP is too old for them to keep that info on hand.

3) Does the bottom most white portion of the bunk end material (the section under the teal part) wrap ALL THE WAY UNDER the bunk end? I feel like it does, and previously improper setup has caused the wear n tear on all the corners.

Thank you for any help on these questions!!!

2. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

It wraps under the bunk. Ours is a little different, but you should have something to attach the bungees to.

3. bheff

bheff Well-Known Member

I cut my bungee off. No need, as there is velcro under the bunk that a flap of of the tent attaches to.

4. Littlejohn

Littlejohn New Member

Thank you guys! There’s no Velcro under our bunk ends maybe I can add some hooks or bungee buttons though??

Any ideas about the vinyl vs. canvas?

5. jnc

jnc Welcome from New Hampshire

The Teal is Vinyl and needs different cleaning care. You may want to search for ways to clean as there are some certain things to avoid but I dont remember them.

6. BillyMc

BillyMc Well-Known Member

Looks similar to the material on our PUP. I clean it with soap and water. I used Star Brite for protection.

7. Littlejohn

Littlejohn New Member

Great! Now I know where to start and what to use! Thank you again!