Bunk end caddy or storage for glasses and books

Discussion in 'Cushion, Curtains, Carpets, Bedding, Clothing Stor' started by jasba, May 20, 2016.

1. jasba

jasba Member

I am trying to find a simple bunk end caddy or storage option for my daughter's books and glasses and stuff at night. I was thinking about a hanging caddy. I do sew a bit if it isn't too complicated but I could use ideas for a pattern. If I could find an inexpensive on to purchase I would save myself some time. I love links!

If anyone knows of a thread with ideas please let me know. I didn't find one through the search but I am sure I not the first one to bring this up.
    Thanks!

2. Rob-N-Kat

Rob-N-Kat Member

My lovely wife has actually been working on one and has it almost done. She did not use a pattern but when she gets it done and is happy with it I'll post a couple of pictures if you like.

3. jasba

jasba Member

Rob-N-Kat, I would love to see pictures!

4. leningradka

leningradka Spending a small fortune to live like homeless guy

I second that

5. karley020

karley020 Member

6. novagirl

novagirl retired camper

I made one out of a placemat. Folded up the bottom and then sewed vertical lines to make pockets.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk HD

7. Indiana

Indiana Just a bunch of squirrels, looking for a nut

Thanks for this thread - it is my project this weekend, to make something like this. Hadn't started yet but now I have inspiration.

8. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

I'm no good at needle and thread but I cut down this round hanging shelves thingie from ikea, it fits on the shepherds hook also.

Attached Files:

9. Natureangel

Natureangel Everythings better outdoors...

I also attached 2 shoe organizers, also from Ikea. They can hang from the shepherds hook as well.

Attached Files:

10. Skinnifatkid

Skinnifatkid Happy to be off the ground! Wife happy, me happy!

Dollarama (Cdn Dollar Tree) had garden aprons. I bought two and modified them to hang off the sheppards hook. Work great for keys, watch, glasses, books etc... We havent used the PUP yet due to the weather in Alberta, but if I can remember to, ill post pics.

11. jasba

jasba Member

Natureangel, I like that idea and my daughter actually has one in her room she might be willing to use. Thanks! I am still looking for other ideas to find the best option. Thanks, everyone.

12. gketchup

gketchup Member

I made one for my bunk end for that exact purpose! I will look for a picture and send it to you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Rob-N-Kat

Rob-N-Kat Member

We will have the camper set up this weekend and I will snap a pic or two. What she sewed up is probably the nicest looking thing in our camper.

14. gketchup

gketchup Member

Here it is! You can't tell in the picture, but the top section has 4 different pockets. I put my phone, glasses and flashlight in there. The bottom is where I put my book. I did make another one for someone with a small opening in one of the pockets so they could string their phone charger through it. [​IMG]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. jasba

jasba Member

Gketchup, I love it! That is kind of what I was think if I would sew one myself. I will have to see if hanger would work well in our camper or if I need a different way to fasten it.
    Keep these ideas coming. They are great!

16. gketchup

gketchup Member

I usually just hang it on the bunk end pole. I put it on when I'm setting up and slide it back when I finally get in bed. When I tear down I drop the pole and it slides to me! [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone

17. leningradka

leningradka Spending a small fortune to live like homeless guy

Awesome ideas! Pinterest is a black hole for me :) if I get on there, you will have to send a search party to retrieve me!

18. Dubbya

Dubbya Wherever you go, there you are...

19. jmkay1

jmkay1 2004 Fleetwood/Coleman Utah

I live the organizer for the back bunk. Should be easy to make and my little side kick would probably love to have a hand in making. I would put mine on the very back bar. Resting on the canvas. Does anyone know if it could cause a leak if something was to touch the canvas when it's raining? I have the sunbrella fabric. I know on my old popup if pillows touched the canvas we had a very wet pillow. So don't want that to happen if I make this organizer.

20. MabelJ

MabelJ Member

We each have one of these for our 'nightstand' - only because I found them on clearance at Giant Tiger for $3, otherwise I'd have been making something similar. Holds everything a water cup securely.
    http://ak1.ostkcdn.com/images/products/L13853362a.jpg
    Google "

The boys sleep together on the queen lengthwise so they don't have to climb over each other when one needs to get up (too lazy/tired to dismantle a dinette into a bed) so theirs hang on the shepherd hook one facing each side of the bed - acting like a separating wall between them. We don't use the hooks. We use 2 sided velcro strips thru the holes.