bunk end re-installing?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Repairs & Maintenance' started by northernmum, Jun 22, 2011.

1. northernmum

northernmum just starting out!

I was totally stupid this morning. [:!] I was cleaning out our PUP to get ready for summer, and I leaned on our smaller bunk end, which of course didn't have the support in place. Which meant I fell out, and took the bunk end down with me. Ouch. One fixed pair of glasses later, I need to figure out how to put the bunk end back in!

How do I do this? There are plastic pieces that don't allow them to go right back in. I just need to fix this, and I feel SO STUPID. [V]

2. bruceac1

bruceac1 Member

The plastic pieces, are they like the pieces on an office desk drawer that have to be pushed in to remove the drawer? Maybe these need to be pushed in to reinstall the bunk. Before replacing the bunk, look at the mounting rails to make sure they aren't bent or spread out from the fall.

3. northernmum

northernmum just starting out!

I think I figured it out! After getting my glasses quickly repaired because I smooshed them (whoops), my hubby and I were able to get everything back together. With a minimum of swearing too.

4. papachaz

papachaz New Member

but how much swearing did you do on the way down? haha

glad you got it put back together!