Bunk end / shepards pole tip...

Discussion in 'Roof/Floor Repair & Maintenance' started by BadLarry, Apr 22, 2013.

1. BadLarry

BadLarry New Member

The "holder" for my shepards pole broke, the "holer" is where the pole connects to the other pole at the bunk end support.. this is what I came up with to hold the two poles togeather so I wont get the "Facial pole smack" in my sleep..

.. Guess I cannt post a picture, So here is a link instead. Since they were so cheap I decided to get a few so I will have spares for the other side, if one gets lost or someone else needs a quick fix. Note the opening so that the bunk-end pole does not need to be removed for installation... just snap and go !!

Please be sure of the correct pole size that you have, My pole used this one but it may not fit yours

http://www.homedepot.com/p/FIMCO-3-4-in-Snap-Saddle-9026SP/202534479?N=buf5

Just thought I would share

2. yetavon

yetavon everything is better around a campfire.

Thanks....our new camper has that and I see my luck breaking one during set up so I want a set in my toolbox.

3. 77starmaster

77starmaster New Member

Yea we have the same thing, That would be all bad if you broke one on a trip. Never thought about it. Good idea! or some [DUCT]

4. barbjmj

barbjmj Member

I had to laugh after looking at the picture and then re-reading your post. It took me a minute to realize you were giving us a TIP as opposed to talking about the TIP on the end of the shepherds pole.

Here I thought problem solved. The tips at the end of both of my shepherds poles have broken. I've managed to repair them to usable form but I know one day soon they will not be repairable. Thought maybe your post was about finding new tips.

Thanks for the other kind of tip though. [;)]

5. smit1088

smit1088 Well-Known Member

Barb, Why can't you use this TIP. You could convert yours to this style if you continue having problems breaking off your tips.