Bunk is stuck!!!

Discussion in 'Slide-Outs / Bunkends' started by Amy Winkenwerder, Jun 8, 2021.

1. Amy Winkenwerder

Amy Winkenwerder New Member

Hi all,

This is my first post, I'm a new camper owner. I've been working on my 2006 Palomino Mustang in the driveway for a few weeks, getting it ready for our inaugural trip on June 17th. I popped it down a week ago for the first time, and when I tried to pop it back up, one of the bunks absolutely will not slide out all the way. After many tries, sweat, and tears, I discovered the rail system was pulling away from the wall and was missing a screw. I was able to put a new screw into the missing hole, tighten the other screw I could see, and the rail appears to be holding. However, the bunk still will not slide out on that side. I can see from the other bed that there are four screws holding the rail system to the wall, so my theory is that the other two screws are loose and sticking out, and blocking movement. however, I can't reach those unless the bed is all the way out, and I can't get the bed out!

Has anyone had any experience with this? Any advice on how on earth I could get to that area of the rail system with the bed refusing to budge? It will move back in, and then back out to the same place each time. I just can't get to the remaining area of the rail to check the screws.

I would appreciate any help so much!

2. davekro

davekro Well-Known Member Gold Supporting Member

All I can think of is something you have likely already tried. Plan A: When gently pulling the bunk out, before you reach the sticking spot, 1) gently lift on that side and continue sliding back. If no go. 1) gently lift and wiggle, or other gentle gyrations.
    Plan B: Have a helper do as above, before getting to the sticking spot, is there a way you can pry up or down on the two sliding pieces with a wide screwdriver or wider flat spade, like a short crow bar/ prytool?

friartuck likes this.