bunk seals

Discussion in 'PopOut (Hybrids)' started by cfmx, Aug 11, 2014.

1. cfmx

cfmx New Member

Is this normal for the bunk seals to not meet flesh a the way across? Seams like it makes it easy for water to get in while traveling in a rain storm.

[​IMG]

And I notice my seals are starting to pull away from the camper.

[​IMG]

Wonder if FR will send me new seals. I don't trust the dealerships around here.

2. Gibby

Gibby Don't count time, make time count !!!

I just replaced mine but when I cut the top one I let it hang over the verticle one about 1/2". then used rubber cement to put on where they touched. Mine were a little differant because its a older model but the same idea. If you do it yourself take your time and have a nice straight edge where they meet, not jagged like in the pic. Hopefully FR will replace them being a new trailer.

3. cfmx

cfmx New Member

Forest River is sending us the seals to replace ourselves. I prefer that over the dealership fixing them. Plus the dealership wouldn't be able to fix for another 6 months.
    We'll get the seals replaced just in time to haul it down to the FL Keys. :)

4. cma7777

cma7777 Member

Our bunk seals are different than yours. When traveling in the rain they have started to leak. I have contacted Jacob for replacement information. Are they hard to put on?

5. cfmx

cfmx New Member

We haven't received the seals yet.
    I'm thinking they are rubber w/ a sticky back. I'm hoping our old seals pulls off nicely and we can prep the surface for the new seals.
    Hopefully this weekend I will have an answer for you.

6. rsdata

rsdata Member

If the sticky glue on the old seals is any good at all, it may not come off nicely. I would have a hair dryer to slightly heat ahead of you pulling the rubber seals off. Or maybe try a large bottle of Goo-Gone, squirted on the seal's glue edge while trying to pull the rubber off. I have a 2014 Shamrock and I will be inspecting my seals after seeing your pictures. Do you also have the two latch bunk holders on each side?

Please give us a full report hopefully with pictures on how it came out.