Bunkend lower seal

Discussion in 'Slide-Outs / Bunkends' started by neighbormike, Oct 9, 2017.

1. WazzuHelix

WazzuHelix New Member

Thanks Roy, I'm going to head to Lowe's and take a look once the OEM wiper seal comes from HannaRV.

Joet, I would also like to try your option as well. Which slide out wiper seal did you use by chance? That one is about as big of a rabbit hole as looking at garage door seals. :D:D

I'd rather spend the money now and get it right by trying a few options as opposed to trying the OEM option that doesn't do the trick.

2. roybraddy

roybraddy Well-Known Member

I really have a good seal with the garage door type seal over the end walls installed up side down haha... Worked out great for me... It was so long ago I don't remember where I got the strip..

I think it may have been LOWES and it looked a lot like the one I found on line in the photo I have here.. Lowes definitely has several types and form shapes to pick from.. I just glued it in place over the trailer end wall under the pull out tent beds... Definitely too care of the night bugs as well... I even had a wasp get into the trailer one time...

I think I had to cut it in two places where the metal rail supporting the tent bed floor comes through... I just cut out a section for the metal rail to slide through...

Roy Ken
    [​IMG]

3. Raven27

Raven27 Member

I hot the seal from Hanna Rv. It's much more pliable than the rigid thing I had in there. which is what I think led to the failure. It was breakin . The install wanst too bad, but tur lip that goes under the metal " trim" that hold sit down, was a bit short and I had to stuff the wiper seal in a bit to get screws to catch it for more hol . This led to the large . Seal part, flattening out and I had to " trian" the seal in spots to stay under bunk end