Bunkend mattress covers.

copperbear

Sep 26, 2011
Has anyone had any experience with machine washing the bunkend mattress covers? I know u cant machine dry them...but..seeing how part of the the cover is material and the other is rubber? I see they zipper off..so..Iam guessing [RTM] u can wash them.....or?

kitphantom

Super Active Member
Platinum Supporting Member
Dec 26, 2009
Albuquerque, NM
I washed the ones in our old pup, carefully. With our previous washer, I was able to manipulate the controls so that there was little agitation and the covers mostly soaked. I rinsed them a couple of times, spun them out well and hung them on the lines in our sunroom.

Others have used a hose on a concrete driveway, a bathtub or a child's swimming pool. The things to be careful about are not lifting the fabric a lot when it is soaked with water, it is easy to stretch it or break the thread in the seams with all the extra weight and to rinse all the soap out of it. (Leftover soap will hold onto dirt, and may cause skin irritation if someone has much exposure to it.)

there are some older threads on the subject, probably in this section: http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?board=79.0

ccptbo

Super Active Member
Jun 8, 2013
Peterborough area, ON
kitphantom said:
Others have used a hose on a concrete driveway, a bathtub or a child's swimming pool. The things to be careful about are not lifting the fabric a lot when it is soaked with water, it is easy to stretch it or break the thread in the seams with all the extra weight and to rinse all the soap out of it. (Leftover soap will hold onto dirt, and may cause skin irritation if someone has much exposure to it.)

there are some older threads on the subject, probably in this section: http://www.popupportal.com/index.php?board=79.0

Thanks for posting this Kit. I was wondering about this as well. I never washed my bunkend covers this past season but maybe I will attempt it in the Spring.
I would think front end loaders have less agitiation then top loading washers, but I could be wrong. I have gentle cycle as well, but I will look up that link you provided.

Thanks.

Melissa