Burlingame State Park RI ??

Discussion in 'Rhode Island' started by theraceshop, Nov 11, 2010.

1. theraceshop

theraceshop Belchertown, MA

I have been to Burlingame and it was a very nice state park. The last time I went, back in 2008, it seems to have gone down hill. Maybe cutbacks, I do not know. Last time we didn't really care for the loud music and the mess in the bathrooms.

2. dschlosser

dschlosser Active Member

I have been there early and late in the year. During the prime camping season you are bound to have those issues in a campground that has over 700 sites.

3. peter.hagstrom

peter.hagstrom New Member

I spent a lot of time there this summer. Luckily, my wife and I are both teachers so we manage to go during the week when there seem to be less problems with loud music and messy bathrooms. We like Burlingame because we can bring our 2 Australian Shepherds with us and the beach on the other side of route one is also dog friendly. Burlingame also offers a variety of site types to please different preferences.

4. gr82knowme

gr82knowme New Member

I spend the majority of my camping time at Burlingame. So much in fact, that i have created a website and facebook page called bound4burlingame that includes pictures of every campsite there. Check them out. ask questions.

5. safetylady

safetylady New Member

Burlingame has become one of our favorite campgrounds. It is big enough to both bike and walk without ever leaving the campground. There is a pond, small store and many nice wooded sites. In the past few years we have camped there in May, July, and August with no problems. This past summer we stayed in the 700's and loved how big the sites were but thought that the bathroom in that area was a bit run down. We just used our own and it was fine.

For the price and the close proximity to the ocean, we feel that Burlingame is a great deal

6. Upstate Matt

Upstate Matt New Member

Are there any areas that are more family friendly? Like a bit quieter?