Cab Fresh

Discussion in 'My Favorite Mods, Tips, Tricks (and Blunders!)' started by AllenB, May 3, 2014.

1. AllenB

AllenB New Member

I had mice in the PUP and they chewed my canvas up and made some nests. I plugged all of the holes I thought they could have gotten into and bought a product called Cab Fresh (very expensive). I put three bags of it in the camper, one on the floor and one on each bunk bed. The next week I went down to our property and opened up the camper only to find the OTHER side of the canvas chewed and one of the Cab Fresh bags nibbled on. So for what it's worth, that's my experience with Cab Fresh.

2. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

Sorry to hear of your damage. I just think you were too late. Once the mice were there and left there markings it was stronger than the Cab Fresh to overcome quickly.

3. AllenB

AllenB New Member

Here is the pic
    [​IMG]
    Could be on to something about the odor, it wasn't cleaned up after the first invasion. I took her home and cleaned it all up, sealed every dog gone hole inside and out. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

4. timothias

timothias New Member

That's interesting. My dad had an old van that was going to be parked in the field. He threw in 3 packs of cab fresh. Two years later (and a door the popped open somehow) and there is still no trace of mice.

I'm not trying to discount your experience, I find the vast differences fascinating. I think the markings hypothesis is valid.

5. highlander70

highlander70 New Member

I have never used cab fresh but I have seen a few posts about it, I checked the reviews on amazon and seemed to be a lot of mixed reviews, seem to work well for some but didn't work for others?
    I use moth balls in our pup and the boat, keeps everything out but some don't like the smell.
    Personally I would rather smell moth balls than mouse.
    My experience with moth balls has been after about 20 minutes or so of airing out the pup smells gone.

6. Phlerb

Phlerb New Member

I use mothballs all over the floor of the barn, but then use Dryer sheets (Bounce, etc) in the Popup and the Miata that I store out there for the winter. Miata came out yesterday smelling fresh and no critter marks... Popup coming out in a week or so. I have done this now for 4 years and it has worked so far. The mice in the field by the barn are all over, so it does really deter them.

7. davekkk

davekkk Active Member

Sorry about the bad news with the cab fresh. I was really hoping that stuff would work. Guess I'll try the moth balls this fall when I store my pup on our family's field for the first time.

I dont know if there is any truth to it, but I have heard if you keep a roll of toilet paper on the floor, mice will first try to chew that up since its the softest material. I really wonder if anyone has tried this.

8. jackquontee

jackquontee Active Member

Did the same thing this past winter and not a problem.

9. TATSMOM

TATSMOM New Member

When I put our camper to bed for the winter I hang a Damp Rid moisture absorber inside and the last thing I always do is put a couple of Decon mouse bates on the floor and taking them up it's the first thing I do when I open it up for the camping season.