Cabela's Deluxe Shower Shelter

Discussion in 'Port-A-Potties / Cassette Toilets / Bath Houses' started by backwoodsmama, Apr 9, 2013.

1. backwoodsmama

backwoodsmama New Member

So, my hubby and I are thinking about pulling the trigger on one of these.http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Deluxe-Shower-Shelter/1307889.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dshower%2Bshelter%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26x%3D0%26y%3D0&Ntt=shower+shelter&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

Did that work? Does anyone have any complaints, cheers, jeers, or reviews toward one? We have a tiny 1987 Coleman Columbia, so we do not have a bathroom or shower in it. I'm thinking this would be awesome! The customer reviews are mixed, so let me know if you have any experience with it!

2. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

I tried to view it but the link didn't work. "This page can't be displayed".

3. bburgcamper

bburgcamper 16 weekends a year camping just isn't enough.

4. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Well that link takes me to Cabella's but doesn't show the shower you're looking at.

5. backwoodsmama

backwoodsmama New Member

Well, shoot. I'm not real great at this posting stuff! LOL! It's the deluxe shower shelter at cabelas. I know if you enter "shower shelter" into the search on Cabela's page, I think it brings up two different ones. The one we are looking at it the deluxe one. Sorry! Wish I was better at this! LOL!

6. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

In your posts, select the "insert hyperlink" icon from the menu bar above (just below the Italic option). Copy the link from the web site and paste it in between the two url's in parenthesis.

http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-Deluxe-Shower-Shelter/1307889.uts?Ntk=AllProducts&searchPath=%2Fcatalog%2Fsearch.cmd%3Fform_state%3DsearchForm%26N%3D0%26fsch%3Dtrue%26Ntk%3DAllProducts%26Ntt%3Dshower%2Bshelter%26WTz_l%3DHeader%253BSearch-All%2BProducts%26x%3D0%26y%3D0&Ntt=shower+shelter&WTz_l=Header%3BSearch-All+Products

See if that works.

The shower looks great. We were looking at these last week but we're wondering how much we'd use one. We camp without hook-ups a lot but we haven't boondocked. I think it's great for boondocking but otherwise, I'm not so sure about the privacy of them or even the space for them. Some campground sites are private enough... others not so much.

7. Misc99

Misc99 New Member

We bought one very similar to it 5 yrs ago and we have never used it. Either the campground has decent facilities or the weather could get bad...like windy or campgrounds would not allow it. You will have to figure out how to deal with the gray water also.

8. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

I should clarify... our outside shower head is on the driver's side of the camper when it's backed into a site. If we had one of these, it would have to go on that side of the camper because we'd just use the hot water shower that we have on the camper and not the portable water system they're showing.

9. vjlarson

vjlarson Active Member

Yeah... there's that. Campgrounds don't allow them because of the gray water. The one you're looking at has a netting type fabric around the edge of the bottom and the water just runs out all over the ground. Like I said, it would be great for boondocking though.

10. Jflyboym

Jflyboym Member

I was afraid of the grey water thing when I looked at these. I had this brilliant idea to buy one of those propane instant water heater showers and the shower shelter but after pondering it and reading many posts from our fine pup pals, I figured that I couldn't use it in a campground, and no water hook up when boondocking so I didn't get one.

11. bropaul

bropaul New Member

We've had one for many years along with an on demand hot water heater and a porta potty. We only use it when boondocking as cgs don't allow the gray water. However, we have used it several times just for the potty at a private cg we frequent. We set it up behind our camper for late night potty breaks... because the 'facilities' are a long walk on a winding path through the woods. But that is our favorite site there and the owners are very accommodating.

But if you boondock, I highly recommend it.

Diane

12. Sonshine

Sonshine Member

We have the one from wallyworld and use it for the portapotty for the ladies nite runs. Works great. it stays at the back of the pup with a hose nearby to rinse out the floor if needed. DW says its the best thing we bought for the pup. She wants another for the kids to change in instead of using the pup.

13. backwoodsmama

backwoodsmama New Member

Thank you, Harley for posting it for me! I totally thought about not being able to put it up at campgrounds. We would use it mostly for boondocking and for a place to put our potty for nite time potty runs. I'm just "eh" about pulling the trigger on one for $100! I'm cheap that way. [:D]

14. kitphantom

kitphantom Well-Known Member

Being cheap, I kept searching eBay until I found the PETT (now called Go-Anywhere or Cleanwaste) shelter at a really good price. We had been impressed with the quality of the PETT toilet over the Reliance brand we had first, so thought we'd look for that brand of shelter.
    We don't plan to use it often, so it is in our set of "just in case" supplies. We plan to use it for the potty on trips with a guest, or as a place to stash folding chairs and such in camp. We take basin baths when needed, so have no plans to use it for showers.

Most of the places we camp allow at least one extra tent, and often don't count the table canopy as one, so it will more than likely not be a problem to set it up when we wish.

15. Darn

Darn Pup to Hybrid

Awesome! I'm glad someone asked this question. We were looking at a couple different ones, the one from Wally World is cheaper, but not as nice. We would use ours mostly for the late night or early morning potty, as sometimes the need to go can't wait for the walk to the CG's facilities. I would probably just set it up at night under the awning and take it down in the morning. [:I]

I also like the idea of letting the kids change in there instead of the Pup. That would save some cleanup! [8D]

16. LostInCanada

LostInCanada New Member

We have one and love it... especially if we are not within walking distance to the shower house.... Last summer when my kids were 1 and 3 I had them both in there after a hot sweaty day and the three of us together still have lots of room to move around and wash up... then my wife is outside the door where I can hand them out one at a time to get dried off.... Worked great! Our campgrounds aren't as strict with the grey water.... it's not like we are dumping dirty dish water with pieces of food and other gunk... All of our sink water and tooth-brushing water etc. goes into the grey water disposal. Taking a shower is just a couple gallons of clean water and maybe a teaspoon of heavily diluted shampoo or shower gel... But it's up to the campground.

The little zipper window in the side for the shower head is perfect and there are net pockets&hangers for cloths and shower gel and even a net shelf at the top that you can put your towel/clothes on to stay dry till you are done.

One thing to remember is the night before you pack up you should move it, turn it on it's side, and tie it to a tree with the door open... so it can drain out completely and dry before packing it up.

Also note that (at least with our trailer) the outdoor shower hose/taps are on the road(driver's) side and the awning is on the curb(Passenger) side... so to set both up you need quite a wide area.

17. bandc12

bandc12 New Member

This is the updated model of the Ozark Trail utility tent that I have. Mine is brown and tan and was $35 with a solar shower. It is very sturdy and easy to set up. We use it exclusively for a potty tent.

I am not sure I would pay $100 for something like that. May I suggest a cheaper one and use it for a season or two and get your monies worth and if you decide you want the deluxe model.. upgrade.

Sometimes all the bells and whistles are nice but in my experience they end up going unused.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Ozark-Trail-Shower-Utility/21550152

18. backwoodsmama

backwoodsmama New Member

Awesome! I agree....I don't want to drop that kind of cash on something that gets used once or twice and then sits in the back of the garage with all the other "just had to have" gadgets. Lol!

19. Misc99

Misc99 New Member