Cable Hook Up?

Discussion in 'Campsite Electronics' started by rangerover, Jun 24, 2014.

1. rangerover

rangerover Member

My friend booked some site's for us at Jellystone Hill Country later this summer. They are tent camping and we will be bringing the pup. I looked at the sites and they include cable. Never used this before.

Anyone use the cable tv hook up?

2. frankvanw1

frankvanw1 London, Ontario, Canada

Rangerover:
    We used it once at a private campground that had it on the post with the water and electric hookups. (telephone jack was on the post too!) On our HTT it is the same fittings as for the TV antenna. Worked great.
    Good luck and happy camping.

3. E3 Junkie

E3 Junkie Greetings from Granada Hills, CA.

I understand the question, but my PUP does not get cable or satellite because we decided to go camping, and camping at least for me is about disconnecting. If I wanted to stay connected I would have stayed home. Nothing against a hook up campground and watching some TV, just my philosophical point of view, that's all. Probably best to spend time with those friends. [:D]

4. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

We had cable last weekend at our site. Just run the cable thru the bunk end. No cable box needed just the TV tuner.

5. MichelleMS

MichelleMS Member

I seldom go to campgrounds that have hookups, that would be a real novelty! My oldest kid would have gone bonkers! Lol!! If you wanna lounge and watch tv when camping, go for it!

6. egapylime

egapylime Member

With two little ones the cable cow a in very handy for bedtime. I have a no tv rule (unless the Cardinals are playing!) until bedtime. They turn it in and are out in 10 minutes :)

7. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

+1

8. Unstable_Tripod

Unstable_Tripod Well, there's your problem!

^^^ + me too. ^^^

9. skysummit

skysummit Member

Same with us, or if it's a day full of rain. Other than that, the TV stays off until bed time, when we may put in a DVD. For campgrounds with cable, I did add an external cable jack (like $5 from Radio Shack), and ran a cable from the jack, under the benches, and over to the opposite side of the pup where I TV mounts. Really handy when needed.

10. 1380ken

1380ken Well-Known Member

I love watching TV. Watch it whenever I want and don't feel guilty about it. I try to minimize rules and let freedom prevail. If my kids want to watch TV that is okay. They are also allowed to listen to music, read books, stare off into space, sit by the campfire, use electric lights, sit in the dark.

11. rabird

rabird Howdy!

no but the Water Balloon Battle Station looks fun.

[​IMG]

12. jackquontee

jackquontee Active Member

Yes, along with my MOHU exterior antenna supported by a flag pole holder attached to my hitch on the bumper of my Aliner Scout.

I enjoy the outdoors, but I also enjoy waking up in the morning and watching the news as the strong smell of brewing coffee wafts through the morning air.

I also enjoy a program or two in the evening as I drift off, rather than staring into the darkness trying to will myself to sleep. Different strokes.........

13. mocamper

mocamper Active Member

I have ran cable from bunk ends to cable pedals at CG. When I get time I will put connector under pup run cable to storage inside to tv. Makes it easier when at CG.

14. Hizarlow

Hizarlow New Member

Do you generally need to bring your own coax or is one provided?

15. Wayne In Florida

Wayne In Florida Member

Bring a 25-30 foot piece and save yourself the deposit fee so you get it back to them. [2C]

16. ILUVTHEBEACH

ILUVTHEBEACH Suburbs of Philly, PA

Me too! [:D] I also have a cable jack on the outside of my HTT so I can hook up a tv outside and watch it. [}:)]

17. sleach

sleach A short run will get you within walking distance.

Never have stayed in a place with a cable connection, and mostly stay in places with no TV/radio/cell reception. After one rainy three day siege last fall we started discussing a 12 volt TV/DVD combo unit and taking along favorite movies.

18. RotnMom

RotnMom Am I there yet?

I haven't tried cable in my new TT, but it has several places to plug in. I just don't care for the location they wired for the tv to mount. If I open the right hand cabinet over the sink, WHAMMO into a tv - if one were there!

I do tend to keep a few movies on my computer for late night watching. I'm mostly a day sleeper, so I might be going to bed as you 7am'ers are getting up!!

[:D]

19. ricko

ricko Member

We've used them... nice to have if it gets rainy. Our first camper didn't have the coax pass through, so we'd run the cable through a bunk end.

Otherwise, run it to the TV, do a channel scan and it's set. Don't expect a lot of channels.

We're also one of the 'evil ones' that will take our satellite on a long trip - when it gets rainy and we get stuck inside we enjoy having TV like home.

Ricko

20. tfischer

tfischer Well-Known Member

We're lucky to have electricity at the state parks and such we tend to camp at, much less cable TV.