Cable Hook Up?

rangerover

Jun 1, 2013
My friend booked some site's for us at Jellystone Hill Country later this summer. They are tent camping and we will be bringing the pup. I looked at the sites and they include cable. Never used this before.

Anyone use the cable tv hook up?

frankvanw1

London, Ontario, Canada
Mar 18, 2009
London, Ontario
Rangerover:
We used it once at a private campground that had it on the post with the water and electric hookups. (telephone jack was on the post too!) On our HTT it is the same fittings as for the TV antenna. Worked great.
Good luck and happy camping.

E3 Junkie

Greetings from Granada Hills, CA.
Sep 22, 2012
I understand the question, but my PUP does not get cable or satellite because we decided to go camping, and camping at least for me is about disconnecting. If I wanted to stay connected I would have stayed home. Nothing against a hook up campground and watching some TV, just my philosophical point of view, that's all. Probably best to spend time with those friends. [:D]

1380ken

Super Active Member
Nov 7, 2013
Mass
We had cable last weekend at our site. Just run the cable thru the bunk end. No cable box needed just the TV tuner.

MichelleMS

Super Active Member
Feb 17, 2012
I seldom go to campgrounds that have hookups, that would be a real novelty! My oldest kid would have gone bonkers! Lol!! If you wanna lounge and watch tv when camping, go for it!

egapylime

Jun 2, 2014
With two little ones the cable cow a in very handy for bedtime. I have a no tv rule (unless the Cardinals are playing!) until bedtime. They turn it in and are out in 10 minutes :)

tfischer

A bad day camping beats a good day at the office
E3 Junkie said:
I understand the question, but my PUP does not get cable or satellite because we decided to go camping, and camping at least for me is about disconnecting. If I wanted to stay connected I would have stayed home. Nothing against a hook up campground and watching some TV, just my philosophical point of view, that's all. Probably best to spend time with those friends. [:D]

+1

skysummit

Jul 24, 2012
egapylime said:
With two little ones the cable cow a in very handy for bedtime. I have a no tv rule (unless the Cardinals are playing!) until bedtime. They turn it in and are out in 10 minutes :)

Same with us, or if it's a day full of rain. Other than that, the TV stays off until bed time, when we may put in a DVD. For campgrounds with cable, I did add an external cable jack (like $5 from Radio Shack), and ran a cable from the jack, under the benches, and over to the opposite side of the pup where I TV mounts. Really handy when needed.

1380ken

Super Active Member
Nov 7, 2013
Mass
I love watching TV. Watch it whenever I want and don't feel guilty about it. I try to minimize rules and let freedom prevail. If my kids want to watch TV that is okay. They are also allowed to listen to music, read books, stare off into space, sit by the campfire, use electric lights, sit in the dark.

rabird

Howdy!
Mar 3, 2006
N. TX
rangerover said:

no but the Water Balloon Battle Station looks fun.

WaterBallBoyResize.jpg

jackquontee

Apr 24, 2013
rangerover said:

Yes, along with my MOHU exterior antenna supported by a flag pole holder attached to my hitch on the bumper of my Aliner Scout.

I enjoy the outdoors, but I also enjoy waking up in the morning and watching the news as the strong smell of brewing coffee wafts through the morning air.

I also enjoy a program or two in the evening as I drift off, rather than staring into the darkness trying to will myself to sleep. Different strokes.........

mocamper

Super Active Member
Aug 28, 2013
I have ran cable from bunk ends to cable pedals at CG. When I get time I will put connector under pup run cable to storage inside to tv. Makes it easier when at CG.

ILUVTHEBEACH

Suburbs of Philly, PA
Aug 29, 2005
Suburbs of Philly, PA
1380ken said:
I love watching TV. Watch it whenever I want and don't feel guilty about it. I try to minimize rules and let freedom prevail. If my kids want to watch TV that is okay. They are also allowed to listen to music, read books, stare off into space, sit by the campfire, use electric lights, sit in the dark.

Me too! [:D] I also have a cable jack on the outside of my HTT so I can hook up a tv outside and watch it. [}:)]

sleach

A short run will get you within walking distance.
May 17, 2014
Boulder, Colorado
Never have stayed in a place with a cable connection, and mostly stay in places with no TV/radio/cell reception. After one rainy three day siege last fall we started discussing a 12 volt TV/DVD combo unit and taking along favorite movies.

RotnMom

Am I there yet?
Apr 4, 2011
I haven't tried cable in my new TT, but it has several places to plug in. I just don't care for the location they wired for the tv to mount. If I open the right hand cabinet over the sink, WHAMMO into a tv - if one were there!

I do tend to keep a few movies on my computer for late night watching. I'm mostly a day sleeper, so I might be going to bed as you 7am'ers are getting up!!

[:D]

ricko

Apr 6, 2009
Nashville, TN
We've used them... nice to have if it gets rainy. Our first camper didn't have the coax pass through, so we'd run the cable through a bunk end.

Otherwise, run it to the TV, do a channel scan and it's set. Don't expect a lot of channels.

We're also one of the 'evil ones' that will take our satellite on a long trip - when it gets rainy and we get stuck inside we enjoy having TV like home.

Ricko