Camco curved leveler

Discussion in 'Leveling Your Camper' started by Dstinnett875, Jul 3, 2020.

1. Dstinnett875

Dstinnett875 New Member

Anyone try the Camco curved leveler? I just got a jayco pop up and thinking of giving it a try. Screenshot_20200703-115405_Chrome.jpg

2. Bradley E Dixon

Bradley E Dixon Member

I use the ANDERSEN version with my pup X2. Works great!!
    camper-leveler.jpg
    dual-levelers.jpg

Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
    wusthof, Sjm9911, DiamondGirl and 2 others like this.
  3. Raycfe

Raycfe Waterford Ct.

We also use an Andersen. As with and leveler you don't want it to slide or dig into the ground. A piece of plywood with a rubber mat prevents this.
    Andersens are strong. Maybe stronger than a Camco

DiamondGirl and myride like this.
  4. xxxapache

xxxapache Well-Known Member

Been using the Andersens about 5 years. Some of the best camping gadget money that I have spent.

DiamondGirl and myride like this.
  5. myride

myride Well-Known Member

☝...same as above.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  6. DiamondGirl

DiamondGirl Well-Known Member

Same as the others... Andersen has worked for us for many years. Very easy to use.

Happy Camping...[ALPU][PUT]

7. Sjm9911

Sjm9911 Well-Known Member

I cheaped out and got the camco ones. I needed 2 for the TT. Only had to use them once, so easy. One thing, as mentioned. Put something under them. Mine dug in for the long haul after being under the tires for a week. They sunk a bit so i could not remove them. So , i had to drive over them in order to remove them. The camco levelers did not break, so im surprised. They work. And there easy.

DiamondGirl likes this.
  8. Dstinnett875

Dstinnett875 New Member

That's a good idea to put something under it. I was looking at the Anderson but noticed ther camco was cheaper so was thinking of going that route. Thanks to everyone whose replied.

9. Rusty2192

Rusty2192 Well-Known Member

I have the Camco one too. I like that it’s a slightly smaller and lighter than the Andersen, but let’s face it, I got it because it’s cheaper. I added some grip tape to the bottom after reading reviews about it slipping. I also carry a 6” wide piece of rubber horse stall mat in case I need a little extra lift or am on soft ground.

Sjm9911 likes this.
  10. generok

generok Well-Known Member

I have Andersen's for the TT and I really like them. I have run into an issue a couple of times. If I need over 2" of lift and I'm on gravel, they tend to sink, even with a mat. Thinking about putting a 2 x 8 in storage Bay for soft areas.

CampingFamily1 likes this.
  11. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I know folks who had the Anderskn levelers and actually had to borrow a bag of my Lynx Levelers once because the Anderson's kept sinking on the wet ground.. I have a picture of it somewhere..

12. Old_Geezer

Old_Geezer Well-Known Member

Might work great on paving, not so much on grass or gravel. And I suspect a popup is a little more forgiving than a TT. I had one of the Andersons come shooting out from under the tire so close to my noggin that I felt the wind from it when I told her to back up more on wet grass. I gave them to my camping neighbor at the time. Give me 2X10's or give me death - P Henry.

13. Dstinnett875

Dstinnett875 New Member

The other thing ive thought about is building some step style ramps. Ive got alot of pieces of treated 2x6s from a fence project.

14. Sjm9911

15. jonkquil

jonkquil Active Member

This is interesting. Since switching to a HW I haven't had any luck with my BAL. I've tried using it twice, on the last try DH & I started to have attitude with each other from frustration with it not working, I was seriously ready to throw it into the the bush, closely followed by DH! [LOL] When trying to raise it just seemed to cut into the tire at an odd angle (we were having to level by 4 inches at that site) it was also really hard to turn, we ended up using blocks & wood, took us 45 minutes to level, It made us look like right amateurs!! I'm wondering if the HW is a little too heavy for it because it worked great on my previous Fleetwood? Yesterday I ordered the Anderson leveler and it sounds like I might have to get creative with that if I have a 'soft' site.

16. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

The BAL is great as a Light trailer leveler. I have seen it stated that it is only designed for roughly 1,750 lbs, so guessing 3500 lbs pups are probably the limit. Yours has a gvwr of around 3,800 lbs, so it may very well be too heavy to easily use with the BAL. I have heard of some using two of them on bigger trailers though when there was room between the tires, so take it with a grain of salt.

Is the screw properly lubed? I found with mine that keeping it lubed helped immensely.

When/if I make the move to a hybrid or TT I will be going to an Anderson style due to the increased weight and dual axles. I would also plan on getting a horse mat remnant and using that under the Anderson on soft sites, I think that might help and the rubber should prevent it from skittering away when you try and pull up on it.

17. CampingFamily1

CampingFamily1 Well-Known Member

This is my concern. We always camp on gravel. If we have to gt out a board to go underneath this leveler, then we might as well use boards. We've gotten pretty good at guessing how far off we are from level and how many boards to use.

durhamcamper likes this.
  18. Sjm9911

The boards aren't easy on duel axels, i forgot to put the boards under the levelers again last trip and just ran over the levelers again. So far so good, lol. Tougher then i thought.

19. Steveo4090

Steveo4090 Well-Known Member

Sjm9911 likes this.
  20. Snow

Snow Well-Known Member

I carry 1 board with us, that gets used under the lynx Levelers when ever we park on gravel sites or rutted uneven ground..