Camp Chef 2-burner stove mod

Austin694

Feb 18, 2015
So I have a Camp Chef 2-burner stove. It works great. I have a y fitting on my quick disconnect so I can run it and the grill. Problem is it is never level. Which is super annoying. So I came up with a cheap easy solution. I 3D printed some new adjustable feet. I use a 1/4" x 1" bolt with a 1/4" captured nut. So now I can get it perfectly level even if the table isnt. It's the little things in life. :smiley:

Attachments

• 20220525_122018.jpg
    20220525_122018.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 26
  • 20220525_122632.jpg
    20220525_122632.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 27
  • 20220525_122642.jpg
    20220525_122642.jpg
    136.2 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220525_171523.jpg
    20220525_171523.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220525_171537.jpg
    20220525_171537.jpg
    291.1 KB · Views: 29
  • 20220525_172014.jpg
    20220525_172014.jpg
    254.4 KB · Views: 26

J Starsky

Super Active Member
Aug 3, 2017
East Central MN
That's what I need to do to my Camp Chef Outdoor Camp Oven. I was thinking of making a leveling pad out of a a large cutting board using those types of Elevator Bolt.

I think I'm in my third year with this design. Works well for my blackstone:

davido

Super Active Member
Jul 17, 2014
You mentioned a QuickConnect Y adapter. I took a different tack:

Rather than toting both the CampChef stove and the RV grill, I just got a BBQ grill box designed to work on top of the stove. It works better than the cheap-o grill that came with the RV, and folds up smaller (lower profile, since it doesn't have its own propane burner in it).

I did, as you have done, adapt my stove to QuickConnect. But I also got a 20-pound-tank to QC adapter hose so that in cases where I need to put the stove further away from the trailer, such as on a picnic table, I can unhook one of my propane tanks from the trailer (I have two) and hook the stove directly to it with the QC adapter. This helps with levelling issues sometimes, too. So I have the option of the RV's QuickConnect, or using a portable 20 pound tank.

PopUpSteve

Administrator
Staff member
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 22, 2002
Southeastern PA
Yup, that's what I had in mind, look great. But I thought by using a cutting board, I could also use it as, well, a cutting board (big fan of multi-purpose items) . And those are easy to clean.

Looks like you only have the leveling bolts on one end. How's that working for you? I was thinking of all four corners and putting levels on it.

TRUE LEVEL !

davido

Super Active Member
Jul 17, 2014
So I have a Camp Chef 2-burner stove. It works great. I have a y fitting on my quick disconnect so I can run it and the grill. Problem is it is never level. Which is super annoying. So I came up with a cheap easy solution. I 3D printed some new adjustable feet. I use a 1/4" x 1" bolt with a 1/4" captured nut. So now I can get it perfectly level even if the table isnt. It's the little things in life. :smiley:
One question:

Is your 3d design on Thingiverse so others can download and print it?

Oldspurs

Jan 2, 2022
Central Texas
I have the Camp Chef Explorer, ( 2 burner), with leg extensions, that have adjustable feet on each corner. Adjustable feet are a Camp Chef product, hard plastic, but very effective, with about 2.5 inch of adjustment. We take it when going on multiple week camps. I built a wooden box to hold all of my Camp Chef products, slides into truck bed. I am just a little OCD when it comes to organizing things into boxes. OK, a lot, but is that a bad thing? See you on the trail.

MileHigh

Jul 18, 2012
Denver
And to think I've always found a rock that was the right size. Great idea...

Austin694

Feb 18, 2015
You mentioned a QuickConnect Y adapter. I took a different tack:

Rather than toting both the CampChef stove and the RV grill, I just got a BBQ grill box designed to work on top of the stove. It works better than the cheap-o grill that came with the RV, and folds up smaller (lower profile, since it doesn't have its own propane burner in it).

I did, as you have done, adapt my stove to QuickConnect. But I also got a 20-pound-tank to QC adapter hose so that in cases where I need to put the stove further away from the trailer, such as on a picnic table, I can unhook one of my propane tanks from the trailer (I have two) and hook the stove directly to it with the QC adapter. This helps with levelling issues sometimes, too. So I have the option of the RV's QuickConnect, or using a portable 20 pound tank.
That's a good idea. I thought about retrofitting the grill into a stove, and just bring our weber, but we already had the camp chef and I like to be able to have something grilling and something on the burner.

davido

Super Active Member
Jul 17, 2014
That's a good idea. I thought about retrofitting the grill into a stove, and just bring our weber, but we already had the camp chef and I like to be able to have something grilling and something on the burner.
Camp Chef makes single and double burner grills that sit on top of the stove. I have a single burner version so that I can still cook with the other burner when the grill is in use. They cost $129 to $179 I think. And they work pretty good. Better than the one that came with the RV. I also bought a carrying bag for the stove, for the grill, and ...yeah I have a few accessories actually, each with their carrying bag:

Camp Chef Yukon 2-burner 14" stove.
Quick Connect adapter for 20 pound propane
Quick Connect adapter for the RV
Single burner deluxe BBQ grill.
Single burner pizza oven
Bags for all of them.
A cover for the grill so that if it rains it stays dry.

All in, I've spent $750 probably. For me, the flexibility and convenience are totally worth it.

Sneezer

Super Active Member
Aug 8, 2015
DFW, TX
Camp Chef makes single and double burner grills that sit on top of the stove. I have a single burner version so that I can still cook with the other burner when the grill is in use. They cost $129 to $179 I think. And they work pretty good. Better than the one that came with the RV. I also bought a carrying bag for the stove, for the grill, and ...yeah I have a few accessories actually, each with their carrying bag:

Camp Chef Yukon 2-burner 14" stove.
Quick Connect adapter for 20 pound propane
Quick Connect adapter for the RV
Single burner deluxe BBQ grill.
Single burner pizza oven
Bags for all of them.
A cover for the grill so that if it rains it stays dry.

All in, I've spent $750 probably. For me, the flexibility and convenience are totally worth it.
You need to get the griddle they make. I love cooking on one. I have a single burner for my Pro60x along with the hinged bbq box. Great combo but a pizza oven is on my list!

davido

Super Active Member
Jul 17, 2014
You need to get the griddle they make. I love cooking on one. I have a single burner for my Pro60x along with the hinged bbq box. Great combo but a pizza oven is on my list!
Oh, I see now that I left the griddle off my list. I have the single burner version. It's so good, I use it at home sometimes too.

They make a griddle scraper too. You need a scraper, whether it's Camp Chef's or some other.

davido

Super Active Member
Jul 17, 2014
We've used the pizza oven a lot. It's pretty easy to bring some fresh-made dough in the cooler. We also have a cookie sheet that we use with pop-and-bake biscuits. So far we've used the pizza oven for pizza, calzones, breadsticks, muffins, biscuits, rolls, and those premade dough chocolate chip cookies. When baking things that aren't pizza, it's best to use a cookie sheet or parchment paper, or both.

It's a novel thing to be able to bake conveniently while camping. I know there are camp ovens, but they're pretty large. The pizza oven is perfect size for the things mentioned above.

Austin694

Feb 18, 2015
We have the pizza oven as well. The whole combo was given as a gift, but we rarely used it. So I repurposed the stove.