Camp Chef Kitchen

Discussion in 'Pots, Pans, Grills, Other Cookware / Cleaning & Fo' started by Tacoma641, Aug 29, 2019.

1. Tacoma641

Tacoma641 Member

I'm not sure what thread to post this on so I'll put it here. Do any of you use a camp chef oven? If yes, which model ( I see they have 3)? How do you like it? What do you cook in it? Dave

2. soft 17

soft 17 Active Member

Yes. We have the 2 burner one and a table top griddle. The transportation bag and leveling feet are a great addition to the stove. And a tank hose splitter if you are running anything else off of the tank.

3. neighbormike

neighbormike Well-Known Member

I don't have the Camp Chef oven, but I do have the Pro90 Stove and I love it! Camp Chef makes very nice products.

4. Artist60164

Artist60164 Active Member

Just call me when the dinner is ready?

neighbormike likes this.
  5. RockyRoo

RockyRoo Just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD

I don't personally have one but I know several people who do who absolutely love them. We have a camp chef explorer 3x stove with a 2 burner griddle and a pro series grill. It is a great setup, I love it. A bit bulky and a little heavy some days, but when we are there for longer stays or we have people to cook for its an awesome thing to have. I can only assume the oven would be the same from what friends have told me.

neighbormike likes this.
  6. Sneezer

Sneezer Well-Known Member

I have a Camp Chef oven - the one with the dual burner stove on top. So far I like it, although I am just beginning to use it. I need to get a pizza stone for the bottom - that will help with heat distribution and make it cook more even. Overall I like it, but I have an older model that is less easy to carry (no side handles) and it does take up a lot of room. There is no room inside the pup for it to travel, so it takes up precious space inside the TV. However, I got it at a garage sale, so I was pretty happy with the price. I have used it for reheating stuff, making cinnamon rolls, biscuits, and pizzas.

Tacoma641 likes this.
  7. Tacoma641

Tacoma641 Member

Thanks all. It doesn't seem like a lot of people are using the ovens.

8. Arlyn Aronson

Arlyn Aronson Well-Known Member

The Camp Chef oven does look like a neat option. Having said that, we try to cook simple meals that require less accessories and still tasty. How much junk can we bring into the field?? [?:~{]