Camp Driveway

Discussion in 'General Camping Discussion Forum' started by rangerover, Jul 20, 2014.

1. rangerover

rangerover Member

Pulled the Pup of the garage today. It has been almost a year. Needless to say my twin girls who just turned five were so happy.

Just wanted to set it up to make some repairs so I did not secure the flaps underneath the slide outs with the bungee cords. Next thing I see is one of my daughters falling off the slide out through the flaps! Luckily she landed on her bottom and was not injured.

Live and learnÂ…..

2. fallsrider

fallsrider Active Member

I've read of that happening so many times, yet the kids never get hurt. Amazing!

Enjoy your pup!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

3. 1951 bear

1951 bear Active Member

Lesson learned..no harm..no foul...merely a SPUT [:D]

[PU] [PUT]
    BEAR

4. deiot55

deiot55 New Member

Back in the early 80's we had an old popup and was camping up in a northern Colorado forest. Middle of the night I woke up and couldn't find my 2.5 year old son anywhere in camper. Needless to say in the forest, pitch dark with just a few flashlights I was freaking out. My husband goes out and finds him on the ground, still in sleeping bag, curled around the hitch. Yep after that we made sure our flaps were always secure. My family along with my son, who is 34 still laughs about it, me I am still not laughing. Never been so frighten in my life. I just knew a bear had ran off with him.

5. 4xMeteor

4xMeteor Active Member

Spent most of my life tent camping, Ive only been in a popup for the last 5 years, and I think I forget to hook those bungee cords more times than not. Good new, none of my boys have fallen out.

6. backwoodsmama

backwoodsmama New Member

Gah! I have a 3.5 year old, and I just KNOW that I would have peed my pants if that happened to me!!! When we go camping, I sleep on the bunk over the hitch and my hubby shares the other bunk with our son. I just feel better that way. Lol.